DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some ideas on how to add alittle clearance to my dash grills but in doing so, keeping them aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Here is a pic of what the center one looks like. Do not mind all the bubbles in the dash, its not mine, Infiniti used some bad adhesives in the first run of these. Of course they replaced all those ones free of charge. But that does not pertain here. And that is by far the worst one I have seen ;)

I need to gain about a 1/4" in the middle, kinda sloping back down to the edges where it meets the dash. I was thinking some screen or something, but I am not sure how I can get that to slope back evenly to the edges considering its rectangular.

I have some Infinity Kappa 3.5" that the tweeter protrusion is just alittle to much to fit under the stock grill.

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Can you just bump the grille itself out some? Leaving the edges the same and doming the middle enough to allow room for the tweeters? Like Matt R did with his sub grilles.

I would think that's pretty light gauge metal and could form fairly easily.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Or maybe u can shave inside the actual speaker pocket so instead of raising it, you'd actually be lowering it into place.. Worse case, shave the pocket & bump the grill like in the fore~mentioned post..

·
Registered
866 Posts
Agree with both peeps above.
I've never had to clearance the infinitys but I have modded the BMW center channels on a number of the cars.
I clearance them with a grinder and smooth with. A Dremel. It allows for the hat L4 or l4se
To fit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts