DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was visiting a friend that works at Lombards Autosound in SLO Ca yesterday and noticed he has an IDMAX 12 DVC in the corner for $100. I asked him how used it was and he just shrugged and said its still pretty fresh(lightly used). So in short, if anyone is close to the central coast drop by there and pick up a good sub on the cheap.

·
Registered
238 Posts
dammmmnn... i'd love to get my hands on one of those, especially for that price. someone grab it so i don't start plotting...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
buy it and flip it for double
I thought about that for about 2-3 seconds. I quickly realized that I rarely sell anything and just tend to accumulate things. I've got a ton of old school, high-end car audio that I've been telling myself(and my wife) I'm going to sell and never do. This would more than likely be another one of those situations. Someone that will actually use this thing should buy it.

234 Posts
Man, Id buy it, But I gotta use this RE Sex15 for a little bit before I sale it. I havent even used it for 20 minutes.
SO Im gonna pass on this awesome deal of an IDMax.

Problem is I sold all my amps so I dont even have a bass amp right now.
Im getting an old MMats amp fixed. Then Ill be looking for a MMats amp for Bass to use on the 15.
Man O Man.. This is a crazy hobby. LOL You never know when a great deal is gonna pop up

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Give them a call anyway. I know that isn't all they have, it's just what I noticed & new the price of. There is all kinds of stuff there including an older Macintosh amp, Peerless subs, etc... You never know what you'll find.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Give them a call anyway. I know that isn't all they have, it's just what I noticed & new the price of. There is all kinds of stuff there including an older Macintosh amp, Peerless subs, etc... You never know what you'll find.
Damn and I was driving up there for school for two years and never stopped by, because here in my city (Santa Maria) theres is/was a Lombards Auto Sounds as well and when I went all they had was crap. If only I would have known they carried actual good stuff in SLO, I guess different markets perhaps, all the cheap asses here are only concerned for how loud of a boom do I make.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damn and I was driving up there for school for two years and never stopped by, because here in my city (Santa Maria) theres is/was a Lombards Auto Sounds as well and when I went all they had was crap. If only I would have known they carried actual good stuff in SLO, I guess different markets perhaps, all the cheap asses here are only concerned for how loud of a boom do I make.
these guys ****ed my install. they dont take care at all and would do stuff that they would never do in their own personal car. i really wish i knew how to install stuff back in college seeing as to what they did to my car. they r horrible.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
these guys ****ed my install. they dont take care at all and would do stuff that they would never do in their own personal car. i really wish i knew how to install stuff back in college seeing as to what they did to my car. they r horrible.

There have been a few different owners of that particular store as it used to be a franchise. I know I popped my head in about 10yrs ago & was greeted with some of the rudest behavior I've ever experienced from a business.

My friend(Angel) is the store mgr now(it's back to being corporate owned) and has most things turned back around. There is still at least one dipstick there IMO but at least he doesn't touch people's cars. All the incompetent former staff has been let go while the good ones were retained.

Back in the day that store(and Santa Maria i believe) used to carry very high end stuff like Monolithic, Nakamichi, etc. They still will do special order if asked but try to push Audison, Morel, & Hertz as their top lines now. Like most B&M's though, they do have to carry some low rent crap for the "cheap asses" to pay the bills.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts