DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am looking to replace my IDQ v.3. I love the sound of the sub however it is not getting loud enough for me at times. I currently have a zapco reference 1100.1 connected to it and if I goo to high on the volume I can hear breakup or clone slapping so I immediately lower the gain or volume to prevent damage. I want to take one of two approaches. First approach being find a comparable sub that I can actually fit in the passenger floor. Second approach is to get a 12-13" SQL sub and leave it in the trunk. Does anyone have any recommendations on similar sound sub that puts out more output? I am thinking of trying out another 12w7 or 13w7 however the last couple of times I had one the lower hz was too much and the higher hz in the 50-80hz wasn't there. This was with the recommended box sizes from JL. I had the JL sealed box and the JL HO box. In hindsight I probably should have tuned them but did not. I do not want to go more than one sub. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
1,293 Posts
W12GTi, or CSS SDX12. Great reviews on the W12GTi as you know, I'd take that over a Fi Q. The SDX12 is not as known, but looks amazing on paper. The few guys that have run them have been impressed, but I am not one of those guys.

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed the XMAX on the W12GTI is nowhere near as much as the ID Max. Output alone can the id max get louder than the gti?

· Registered
1,988 Posts
The idmax will get much loudet than the idq and sound really good doing it

· Registered
11,484 Posts
IDMAx should get real consideration if you have the power to run it. And if you can wait a couple weeks i will give you my opinion of the CSS SDX 12 in a small sealed box off 500 watts.

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IDMAx should get real consideration if you have the power to run it. And if you can wait a couple weeks i will give you my opinion of the CSS SDX 12 in a small sealed box off 500 watts.
VERY interested in how it goes with the CSS. Right now I have a Zapco ref 1100.1 for the subs. But if needed I can move the Zapco c2k 6.0 for subs and use the dls a3 for fronts.

· Registered
1,988 Posts
Ive used the gti and the idmax and while the jbl sounded great, the max got louder. Keep in mind they were in similar sealed boxes

· Registered
2,496 Posts
I noticed the XMAX on the W12GTI is nowhere near as much as the ID Max. Output alone can the id max get louder than the gti?
GTI is far superior sub to a N ID Max is. Most disappointing sub I ever owned was an ID Max. Coming from a guy that was an ID fanatic... I think mine was a V2. Went back to my IDQ's. And the Xmas on the GTI is nowhere near an ID Max?

GTI gets plenty loud.

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Years ago I had 2 version 1 idmax 12's in a sealed box. They sounded pretty good but I always felt something was missing. Each one had about 650 watts a piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.