DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience running Image Dynamics IDQ v3's in an infinite baffle (free air) application? I'm starting to like the idea of 2 10's, but I also really like the idea of going IB. The 10's would fit better in my trunk (Infiniti G35 coupe) and also weigh less, which is a requirement for this install. My other option is 2 AE IB15's in the custom 12" version, but buying them is turning out to be a real pain.
thanks

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
All ID subs are very capable IB, but no personal experience. What's the problem with getting the AE subs?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been waiting a week to hear back what the lead time is on a custum 12" version of the IB15. I've tried forum, email and phone...no dice.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I tried a pair in IB a while back. They were real nice in IB. However, I tried just one of them in a sealed enclosure and it blew away the pair in IB in terms of output. For these subs its really the question of how much spl you'll sacrifice for SQ. IB wasn't really for me though.
Overall, for sealed, it was one of the better subs that I heard in a while.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is going to be a very SQ oriented install. My last install had a 13W7 in a sealed enclosure getting just under 1000 watts. I think the gain was under a quarter and the sub level on my HU was -10. I still think the system had too much bass. :laugh:

This install is going to be using the same amp, but wired differently so about 500 watts will be seen.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so I decided to try to call AE again today...and someone picked up! I'm now waiting on a set of 10" IB15's...yes I said 10".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts