DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I currently have Focal 165KR along with Arc Audio KS300.4 amp for the front, and soon getting the Polk Audio MM651 for the rears in my Honda Odyssey. Looking for suggestions for a 10" sub.

Have been recommended the IDQ10v3 and the Arc Audio sub, so looking for recommendation between these. Heard great things about the IDQ, but the dealer I am working with recommended Arc Audio and says they sound extremely similar. The Arcs are about $60 - $70 cheaper. What do you recommend? I am not one that needs huge thumping bass, but looking for SQ here.

Also, should I get another amp for the sub, or will the fronts and sub running off the existing KS300.4 amp and the rears from the HU suffice? More than money, it is the space I am trying to save. Funny as it may sound for a minivan, the rear area is unusable so I can fold the seats down. The only area I have is the space beneath the floor between 1st and 2nd row.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDQ has the IDQ10V3 (with different resistance options); the Arc Audio has the ARC10Dx (where x is the resistance for the dual coil).

Also heard about Focal 27V1 and the JLW3V2.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've had IDQ10v2 and IDQ12v2 and they are good SQ subs. I have read that the ARC subs are quite similar. But how about a much lauded SQ sub on DIYMA actually developed by a (the?) site founder? A DIYMA12 will work in a sealed box from .5 to 1.0 cuft. or so. And it is being blown out here: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...yma-12-sub-clearance-until-supplies-last.html
The 350 watts or so from your amps bridged rear channels should work fine for your described intent.
I can't tell you yet how I feel it compares to an IDQ...but I will be able to tomorrow.;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had IDQ10v2 and IDQ12v2 and they are good SQ subs. I have read that the ARC subs are quite similar. But how about a much lauded SQ sub on DIYMA actually developed by a (the?) site founder? A DIYMA12 will work in a sealed box from .5 to 1.0 cuft. or so. And it is being blown out here: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...yma-12-sub-clearance-until-supplies-last.html
The 350 watts or so from your amps bridged rear channels should work fine for your described intent.
I can't tell you yet how I feel it compares to an IDQ...but I will be able to tomorrow.;)
Let me know how you like it! A direct comparison would be excellent, of course. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Let me know how you like it! A direct comparison would be excellent, of course. :)
Okay, just waiting on Brown Santa and I apologize about not noticing your IDQ'v3' and not the v2 I've experianced. I believe the v2 to be similar to the ARC, but I have not heard about the v3 which I believe has more SPL capability yet still good SQ? Anyway I still have an IDQ12v2 in the wife's car to compare with. Also to the mix I have an SIMagv4 and Peerless Auto XXLS12 of which I like the Peerless better for similar but deeper bass to IDQ and the MAGv4 another notch up in bass articulation and seamless blending ability. I expect the real comparison to be between DIYMA12 and the Magv4. Let ya know.

PS: I'm surprised no one has tried to talk ya out of using any rear speakers - guys must be tired or maybe giving a nod to the size of the van? :surprised:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL i know i have read all about passing on the rears. But the van is a diferent beast. I tried fading the sound to the front and sitting in middle or last row. Let me just say I would be p****d if I had to sit there. And also I am planning to go with a viedo for the rear seats, in which case I would need the dual zone capability along with rear speakers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts