DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone jumps the gun, i did search, researched the drivers individually and together, but i can't find much concrete information on anyone having experience with both drivers.

Single sub SQ setup. My thinking is larger cone area = more output with less distortion, duh. sealed enclosure. I'd like to get pretty loud on the days i feel like throwing in rap and rattling my eyes. My listening tastes...

- Metal: Dream Theatre, Arch Enemy, Dimmu, All That Remains etc
- Hip Hop (notice i didn't say rap! I like the well recorded stuff that doesn't talk about nothing but drugs, grills, and "scrapers"): N.E.R.D, Atmosphere, Hieroglyphics, Zion I, The Grouch, Hollywood Undead etc
- Pop: Jack Johnson, Sara Bareilles, John Mayer, Gavin DeGraw etc
- Acoustic stuff: Feist, Leslie Mendelson, Ben Harper, Damien Rice etc
- "stoner music": Kottonmouth/Kingspade, Big B, Dirtbag etc

I'm concerned about the IDQ running out of steam on the lowest of low with it's limited excursion capabilities. From what i've modeled up, low end sealed is fairly limited, getting taken even by some 12's i'm looking at as far as extension.

However, the IDQ is also a lot less expensive. Found a new in box one at a decent price. still $100 less than the Arc.

Input?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I think that you would be happy with either. I have an IDQ 15 running off of a JL 500/1 and it plays plenty loud for me. I owned and ARC 12 and based on my experience with it I would bet that the ARC 15 would play louder than the IDQ 15. They are both very nice sounding speakers with a slight edge to the IDQ 15 on SQ.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to talk to my Arc Dealer... Maybe he can do something for me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Both are great choices I have used both and from experience I would say the ARC 15 is an IDQ with greater output. I cannot say the IDQ would edge the ARC15 in SQ either I would say its pretty Equal but output wise hands down the ARC15 I think you would be most happy with the ARC15 we have one running with a ks300.2 ported in the 56 chevy and its just buttery smooth and tight even ported.

I would like to know what you might have powering it thought the IDQ is a little less power hungry. If its 2ch bridge from the ZUKI 4ch you may want to do an older IDQ.

And NO I am not saying it because I am an ARC Dealer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up paul, i would like to hear that for sure...

however, I did just pull the trigger on the Arc 15 at my local dealer. $269 ;) Couldn't pass that up. Almost shat when he told me the price. Gonna be in from Modesto on Monday, fresh from Arc :) Now i just need to design an enclosure. I'm not sure i'm liking how the Arc recommended 2.25 cubes sealed models up. Might have to go a bit bigger. In the back of an xB no less ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both are great choices I have used both and from experience I would say the ARC 15 is an IDQ with greater output. I cannot say the IDQ would edge the ARC15 in SQ either I would say its pretty Equal but output wise hands down the ARC15 I think you would be most happy with the ARC15 we have one running with a ks300.2 ported in the 56 chevy and its just buttery smooth and tight even ported.

I would like to know what you might have powering it thought the IDQ is a little less power hungry. If its 2ch bridge from the ZUKI 4ch you may want to do an older IDQ.

And NO I am not saying it because I am an ARC Dealer. :rolleyes:
The Zuki's are sold. Well, almost. A guy on here actually is picking up both. One amp is paid for as a deposit, and the other half is coming on the 30th (pay day i assume) I'm going Sundown pretty sure.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Thanks for the heads up paul, i would like to hear that for sure...

however, I did just pull the trigger on the Arc 15 at my local dealer. $269 ;) Couldn't pass that up. Almost shat when he told me the price. Gonna be in from Modesto on Monday, fresh from Arc :) Now i just need to design an enclosure. I'm not sure i'm liking how the Arc recommended 2.25 cubes sealed models up. Might have to go a bit bigger. In the back of an xB no less ;)
Is yours a v3? If it is just use the spec box, it'll be fine.

The Zuki's are sold. Well, almost. A guy on here actually is picking up both. One amp is paid for as a deposit, and the other half is coming on the 30th (pay day i assume) I'm going Sundown pretty sure.
You should have kept the Zukis. If I had the space I'd NEVER have sold mine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is yours a v3? If it is just use the spec box, it'll be fine.

You should have kept the Zukis. If I had the space I'd NEVER have sold mine.
I'm assuming? I didn't know there was different versions of the Arc 15. It's whatever the newest is. I had to special order it through my dealer from Arc.

And I wish i could have run the Zuki's, but with what i had in mind, i just didn't think they were flexible enough, and i just didn't feel comfortable running a sub on them. I didn't want to cook something that pretty. And i'm not the only one who ever drives my car, i often trade buddies vehicles when i need a truck, so the last thing i need is someone getting happy on the volume knob and frying stuff.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I've used both the IDQ15 and the ARC 15, and I was going to suggest you look at the Fi Q15 also. Looks like you already chose the ARC, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
really I know a ARC dealer used to be Image D dealer also he said the ARC subs were garbage.

he said " friends don't let friends use ARC Speakers "

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
really I know a ARC dealer used to be Image D dealer also he said the ARC subs were garbage.

he said " friends don't let friends use ARC Speakers "
Subs or speakers? i'd prefer ID for components but you can't go wrong either way on subs if you are talking about Arc series and up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What exactly are the differences between a Arc12 and IDQ? If ID makes the Arc12 for Arc Audio I have a hard time believing they would make and sell a better sub for them than their own IDQ line.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts