DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting for sound quality BUT I also drive my friends around a lot and have to bring the bass along (they don't appreciate SQ). I just picked up a US Amps 600X (600 x 1 @ 4 ohms) and am looking at either 2 Image Dynamics IDQ15 v2's or 2 Peerless 12" XXLS subs. Both will be sealed boxes and require about the same size box. I cannot go larger than about 2.1 cubes sealed per driver in my trunk.

What do you think will give me the best of both worlds, sound quality but also be able to slam when turned up, out of these two options? I am also open to other opinions in the < $150 per driver range.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
thats easy man

more cone area, less distortion

get the peerless if you have the cash as they just raised the price on the XXLS SIGNIFICANTLY over at madisound

the 830845 is now $180 + shipping

and who knows what the new car versions are going to cost

so IMO get two dayton 12's, far cheaper at this point and almost the same performance as the XXLS

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The IDQ in question is the 15". If they made a 15" XXLS it would be a no brainer.

·
Registered
578 Posts
lv_v said:
What do you think will give me the best of both worlds, sound quality but also be able to slam when turned up....
EZ... Dayton Titanic MkIII 15" :)

·
Ignorance is Bliss
181 Posts
for your friends who dont know anything about audio and speakers. do you want to impress them with the power of 2 12"s, or the power of 2 15"s. If the 2 12's can be as powerful as 2 15's, i think that would look more impressive to your friends.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its going in a Cadillac CTS-V. Money isn't really an option but I'd like to keep it under $300 a pair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've used both the IDQ's, and IDMAX's. The max's are louder, but they don't come in 15's. The IDQ's are pretty nice subs and can get loud when you want them to. If you want I have a pair of MTX Black Gold 15's for sale, brand new. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
SSExpo said:
I've used both the IDQ's, and IDMAX's. The max's are louder, but they don't come in 15's. The IDQ's are pretty nice subs and can get loud when you want them to. If you want I have a pair of MTX Black Gold 15's for sale, brand new. Good Luck
oh gosh... what size box do they like? how much you want for them jus wonderin?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had an IDMAX12 and just sold it. I liked it, but it was a bit nosiy when mounted IB. I am just wanting something different. I have actually had an IDMAX in the last 2 cars I've owned, just ready for a change in sound. I am leaning towards the IDQ15's ESPECIALLY since Peerless just bumped the price up a considerable amount on the 830845.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm, don't know what you mean by noisy, but to each their own. The IDQ's are a nice set of speakers, if you could find a set of IDW's it would be impressive as well. I had a pair of MAX 12's in a 3 ft^3 box, and never had an issue. Ran a MAX 10 IB, and it worked well also. But, you should be happy with the IDQ's, if you want to take a look at other speakers, you could check out the JBL GTI too. Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts