DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I currently have 2 12" idq v2 subs and have not been impressed so far. Currently i have them in a dual enclosure that is 1.25cuft each sub. They do not go really low but have good punchy bass. what setup have people gotten better results in... ported tuned low, ported tuned high, small-sealed or large sealed?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I currently have 2 12" idq v2 subs and have not been impressed so far. Currently i have them in a dual enclosure that is 1.25cuft each sub. They do not go really low but have good punchy bass. what setup have people gotten better results in... ported tuned low, ported tuned high, small-sealed or large sealed?
I do not have any, but ahve done a tone of research on the IDQs and they are mostly for small sealed enclosures. I mean small they will work and be happy in a .75 net enclosure. I do believe that 1.0 net is the recommended max. I am sure someone out there has a better understanding than I, but this is what I have read. The Arc ARC 12 V3 I have read are also good for small enclosures, but not as small as they are wanting about 1.25 sealed. Pretty sure on that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had mine in .9 cuft sealed gross. Maybe put some blocks of wood in the enclosure to try a smaller volune.

·
Registered
578 Posts
This is not much of a sale. You can have subs for the same price or cheaper that are as good or better than the IDQ's.

·
Registered
104 Posts
my IDQ 12 v3 is in a .65 cuft, stuffed to hell with pellow stuffing.

I still need to keep the low frequency cut set to 23 ish Hz so I don't get violently nauseous with some songs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
1.5 cu.ft,slot port,tuned to 34 Hz...drops bottom,and sounds good doing it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is not much of a sale. You can have subs for the same price or cheaper that are as good or better than the IDQ's.
$149 for a tried and true SQ sub is hard to beat...

After all these years, the IDQs are still highly regarded by many.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had IDQ10V2 in a .75 cu.ft sealed box and was powering them with 250RMS They sounded nice and low. But would have preferred it if they went little louder too, like little loud and tight and low.
A great SQ sub nevertheless.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had IDQ10V2 in a .75 cu.ft sealed box and was powering them with 250RMS They sounded nice and low. But would have preferred it if they went little louder too, like little loud and tight and low.
I had one in .58ft3 sealed with 250~300W. At the time I thought it was great, but could have gone a little lower and louder. Now I wonder if I will feel the same way about ANY set-up after long enough.

Since the IDQ10D2V2 is all sold out, I really don't know what to replace it with in my new system.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had 2 IDQ10v2s in sealed .65 cuft each and then tried a single IDQ12v2 in .9cuft. both systems on about 300watts. The 12 dug a bit deeper/fuller and unexpectedly seemed as loud as the two 10s. No loss in tightness of bass. The 10s maybe played up a bit higher into the midbass, but the IDQ12 is also pretty good in this respect. Anyway, now if I choose between a 10 or 12" sub of known similar SQ I'll pick the twelve w/ little to no worry of a downside.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have an IDQ 12 in .78 cubic feet with 270w on it and it sounds great. Very musical sub, great sq, but an SPL sub it is not. I think your enclosures are a little too big.

Pretty solid price, think I paid $125 for mine 3 years ago /shrug

1 - 19 of 19 Posts