DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Bear
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to intall the equipment I've bought (look for help thread soon :D).

I have an IDQ v3D4. Just wondering if I should sell and get a SI Mag4?

Has anyone heard both and what do you think?

Keep the IDQ or go with the Mag......I listen to mostly 80's rock and jazz.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I've spent time with both subs. IMHO, the Mag is superior in every category and is at the top of my list of best subs that I've had the chance to listen to. But the IDQ is a great sub.

The question is, is there anything the IDQ doesn't do that you want/need? If you have a complaint with the IDQ then sell it and buy a Mag. If you are happy with it, then I don't see any reason to switch gear for the sake of switching gear.

·
Registered
751 Posts
If you are going sealed, and listen to that type of music, the Mag v4 will perform very well -it is designed for and limited to a sealed enclosure...
That being said, it does quite well in that environment...It has exceeded my expectations and keeps me smiling... It can play higher/faster bass notes that may aid in blending your front stage AND it will still dig down low.
I previously had a 13oV3 (eD black cone that shares so many parts with the ID)... a good sounding sub, that has not parted with me -but it's not in my center console right now either!

Have 'em both... Keep the one you want!

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
If you are going sealed, and listen to that type of music, the Mag v4 will perform very well -it is designed for and limited to a sealed enclosure...
That being said, it does quite well in that environment...It has exceeded my expectations and keeps me smiling... It can play higher/faster bass notes that may aid in blending your front stage AND it will still dig down low.
I previously had a 13oV3 (eD black cone that shares so many parts with the ID)... a good sounding sub, that has not parted with me -but it's not in my center console right now either!

Have 'em both... Keep the one you want!
Ed's 13ov doesnt share any parts with the V3 IDQ, not a single one, the 13ov is similar to ID entry level sub the ID

·
Registered
751 Posts
Woops... Well, at one time I was shopping the ID subs for a replacement before I got the Mag -and got those V's and 3's confuxerd...:blush:

My advice is the same though. If you're going sealed, the Mag V4 is great!

I like ID's stuff as well... Collect a few subs like most of us do, and then sell them off after a few years of dust!

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Let us know what you decide to go with and why.
I'm using and IDQ10v3.D4 right now as well and happy with it. Haven't tried the Mag V4 though.
If you happen to try the Mag, I'd be willing to bet that there would be an IDQ10v3.D4 for sale thread by you shortly there after. :) It really is that nice of a sub.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ditto... I love my Mag -and it's not leaving my inventory... It's well built -so I don't forsee any mechanical failure anytime soon.
I may try this and that -maybe try ported with something else, but I feel the Mag has set a really tall standard for anything else I try down the road.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Let us know what you decide to go with and why.
I'm using and IDQ10v3.D4 right now as well and happy with it. Haven't tried the Mag V4 though.
If you have a 10" IDQ v.3, then it is no match to the Mag v.4 being a 12".
However, going from the 12" IDQ v.3 to the Mag v.4 won't be that big of a leap. Sensitivity and low end extension FTW

Both are great subs, just that there won't be that much diff between both.

That is coming from a guy that had 2 x 8" Epic before the Mag. :D - 0.02 cents worth

Kelvin

·
Grumpy Old Bear
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll keep the IDQ and see how it sounds once installed......thanks everyone for your valued inputs. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts