DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to upgrade soon and I'm looking for some ideas. I've got a set of hsk 165 (hertz hi-energy 2way comp) a pioneer deh-p980bt head unit and a db drive k512 in an audio enhancers vented box all powered by an arc audio xdi803 amplifier. I want to keep the components but I'd like to run them active instead of using the passives they came with, but I'd like to change verything else. I might keep the sub but It's probably gonna end up in a sealed box. I'm definitely wanting to go with arc for the next amp/s. I really like the sound of the ks amps but I've never heard the se and don't know if they're worth the difference in money. What would you all recommend? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn. Sorry, posted in the wrong section. Can a mod move this for me?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The SE Arcs are an entirely different level from the ks. I'd have to say that the SE amps are truly amazing. If I could afford a 4200se and the 2300se I'd be running them as we speak.

·
Registered
866 Posts
SE's are pretty bad assed.
But the KS's aren't too shabby especially coming from the xdi's
I've heard all 3
If u have the $$ then do it. But I'd spend money on a processor and KS's before just going the SE's

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any suggestions on a specific processor? Also a new headunit? I'm planning on changing everything except my components and maybe my sub...thanks for all your input so far.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm kind of undecided on my budget at this point, I know that's not helpful. The vehicle is a 2006 ford focus zx3 right now but I plan on moving the equipment into another vehicle once I find one the way I want it (80s regal, cutlass, Monte Carlo). I don't see myself competing with the car yet, if that's what you mean by what kind of install.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a headunit with all the processing built in?Can I knock out two birds with one stone?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, you can get a few different head units with the processing you need to go active. Most of them will be used by now though as the market has very few options for full active decks at this point. Depending on your budget you can look for a pioneer p880 or p800, clarion dxz785usb or 775, jvc kd sh1000, eclipse 7000/7100/7200's, bunch of alpines as well. There are many threads on what active decks there are if you search a little bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts