DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Diyma,

I've traditionally been an SQL guy. Last few subs have been Audiofrog GB12(x2), SI SQL-12 and IDMAX12. For this build, I'm thinking of going with more of an SQ setup and considering an Illusion Audio C12 XL.

Thoughts? Does the C12 XL do better ported or sealed? How much power is needed?

I have a Helix P One that would put 1500w @ 1-ohm though I'm not sure if I want to run such a load on my factory electrical.

My other amp will be a Match Up 10 DSP.

Lastly, any Illusion dealers around on Diyma?

Regards,

Rich

· Banned
24,246 Posts
C12XL sounds great and gets down too. Similar style to the GB12's. Also, these are another protected line. Your not getting these authorized off diyma.

· Registered
193 Posts
I run two C12XL's at 1850 watts in a ported box, if I had to do it again I would go sealed personally because they are plenty loud. I think the 1100 watts shouldn't be too taxing on your electrical. I have no issues, and I just have Big 3. No extra batteries are needed.

Reactions: Rich.E.Rich

· Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Just my opinion, but you already have the P1... use it. Put the C12XL in about 1.2cf sealed and you should be good to go. Proper tuning to blend with the rest of your system will help bring down the power you're actually sending the sub.

Where are you located? Illusion does have a dealer locator that could help you source what you need. Dealers – Illusion Audio | High-End Mobile Audio

· Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just my opinion, but you already have the P1... use it. Put the C12XL in about 1.2cf sealed and you should be good to go. Proper tuning to blend with the rest of your system will help bring down the power you're actually sending the sub.

Where are you located? Illusion does have a dealer locator that could help you source what you need. Dealers – Illusion Audio | High-End Mobile Audio
Thank you for the insight! I agree with using the P One. I ordered a C12XL from Sounds Good Stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on!

Would you mind sharing what you paid?

· Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6
875 Posts

Whoops. Guess I could’ve just googled. I thought you got a custom quote.

You won’t be disappointed. Also, I agree with Ron that you should use what you’ve got. I know a few people (including myself) who have 1100-1200 wrms available per c12xl. Tuning for less power than you have is always an option. It’s just the other way around that doesn’t work out too well ;)

· Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whoops. Guess I could’ve just googled. I thought you got a custom quote.

You won’t be disappointed. Also, I agree with Ron that you should use what you’ve got. I know a few people (including myself) who have 1100-1200 wrms available per c12xl. Tuning for less power than you have is always an option. It’s just the other way around that doesn’t work out too well ;)
I tried to get a “custom” price

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.