DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever listen to them? what type of tweeter do they use? does anyone know any authorized dealers? thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've owned many different Illusion products, but they were the real deal, back when the stuff was made in Arizona by the guys who started Illusion. The newer "Illusion Audio" stuff isn't nearly of the same quality from what I've heard. I've run an Illusion ND12, Illusion ND8s, and had a set of Illusion 6.1 comps too. All good stuff imo. The tweeters were actually the weakest part of the comp sets. Silk domes. I found them to be harsh and a little overbearing. Trying to eq the harshness out of them made them sound dull & lifeless, not very realistic at all imo...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Im going to agree with Jay, the tweeters were terrible, I had a pair of the Arizona made ND8.1s they were awful. :confused: :eek: :mad: :p :D :confused: sorry not used to having smilies in ECA, these are quite a bit better

·
Registered
130 Posts
the new Illusion stuff is funded by Maxxsonics, nuff said

I spoke about the older Illusion 8's in another thread, if you can find a pair go for it

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think i have the largest illusion collection here, over 20 drivers, and would definatley agree.... terrrible tweeters, but the nd series drivers were and are still great. They also made a great set of horns, one of the only people that used aluminum bodies. The ch1 horns and nd8 midbass were one of the best combos of the era.... and i am installing mine next week along with a pair of nd10, nd15, and a set of either 5.1 or 6.1 for rear fill when passengers are in the back seat.
Hans

·
Registered
53 Posts
mbcouple said:
I think i have the largest illusion collection here, over 20 drivers, and would definatley agree.... terrrible tweeters, but the nd series drivers were and are still great. They also made a great set of horns, one of the only people that used aluminum bodies. The ch1 horns and nd8 midbass were one of the best combos of the era.... and i am installing mine next week along with a pair of nd10, nd15, and a set of either 5.1 or 6.1 for rear fill when passengers are in the back seat.
Hans
Mmmmmmm....CH1's....

I've always wanted a set. Those coupled with a pair of ND8s would be sick. I still watch ebay for CH1's atleast once or twice a week....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Aluminum bodied horns..................................BLISS
just like Pat Riley coaching the HEAT with Shaq......................BLISS

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry, never selling my nd-8's. They are getting installed next week anyway in a permanent install (if there is such a thing)
Hans

A

·
0 Posts
I've had a pair of ND-6's in my front doors for years now - and probably will until I sell my car - minus the ND-6's of course ;) .
Very well designed and excellent performance.

Cheers,

AJ

·
Registered
401 Posts
newtitan said:
TomT has a pair I think
I'll actually be pulling them out shortly. I have a pair of Dynaudio MW160s to try and am looking for a pair of Focal Utopia 180s (just the midbass driver).

TomT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts