DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
201 - 220 of 510 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
You will not find anything with six inputs. The only thing is a jl audio fix 86. Six in. 8 out. Not a processor. Line driver....kinda.
Just mount the freaking knob. I know you gotta blank that your not using for fogight switches or something.....
There are plenty out there with 6 inputs. Just more costly than I’m ok with.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
You need to cut the spare tire well out. Put a carbon fiber baffle in to offset the weight of the sub.
And you only needed 1 so ordering two was somewhat foolish I would say.
Could've bought a bigger turbo....or another air filter or whatever you petrol dummies do.
I decided I would think like you, no need for a bigger turbo. I’m taking the engine out and putting a 32” sub in the engine compartment. So I won’t be needing the turbo anymore. I hope that the sub frequencies can propel me down the road. And I may remove the seats too, I’ll put more subs there also. Who needs seats when you can have subs there instead?

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
315 Posts
I bet it does man. I bet it does.
Maybe the new cooling system added some serious power??

Shortly after i bought a new Chevy Cruze. Worst buy Ive ever made. Fast forward 5 Years and 50,000 miles i had to basically rebuild the cooling system and everything but the tranny and actual block. Just the turbo and pcv system was 3500 bucks. and the shop owner is a pretty good friend.

Reactions: KFXGUY

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 · (Edited)
At that price though why not a twk? Dude...just mount a freaking knob.
Has a awesome blue light around it. Will make the red look better.

Yea that will match real nice. Everything I have illuminates green. I should just switch it all to blue? I'm anal about stuff matching. I’m not putting a GD bass knob. Period.

Gear shift Steering part Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
315 Posts
My Rockford Fosgate 12" sub setup came with a bass knob, and I wasn't too sure about it either. The contour of it ended up fitting nicely under the Mode/Set buttons, so I used some 3M molding double-sided tape to affix it there. I actually use it a lot more than I thought I would.

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My Rockford Fosgate 12" sub setup came with a bass knob, and I wasn't too sure about it either. The contour of it ended up fitting nicely under the Mode/Set buttons, so I used some 3M molding double-sided tape to affix it there. I actually use it a lot more than I thought I would.

View attachment 311287
Exactly.... this guy act likes his dash is a work of art.
God forbid someone gets in and doesn't know know it's a csX.
the jl rux allows you to switch between pre sets and multiple different configurations of the housing. You saw the benefits and like you said....you use it way more than you ever thought you would.

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
979 Posts
You don’t need rear inputs because you don’t need rear speakers? If you can’t get the Ib correct don’t even attempt rears. They should be rear fill. And if ya have to ask what’s that, you definitely don’t need rears.

not trying to sound like an ass.

why do people think they need rears. I also did when I was new to this. But if someone is in yoir back seat and can’t hear the front speakers they don’t have ears

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
979 Posts
What do you guys think of the audio control dm608?
No

because you can get a helix dsp.3 for less and it’s in another league

All you have to do is make a WTB post In classifieds and you will get messages to buy them.

I can get a brand new dsp.3 for 500$

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
979 Posts
Yea that will match real nice. Everything I have illuminates green. I should just switch it all to blue? I'm anal about stuff matching. I’m not putting a GD bass knob. Period.

View attachment 311286
But the air fresheners don’t quite match

😜

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
No

because you can get a helix dsp.3 for less and it’s in another league

All you have to do is make a WTB post In classifieds and you will get messages to buy them.

I can get a brand new dsp.3 for 500$
He doesn't deserve a helix. Let him turn those little knobs on that audiocontrol till he knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
842 Posts
the nex1500 can probably handle this system by itself. It’s got decent xover/ta capabilities.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
As you drive a Holden Monaro, I used their term for the trunk.
They also use wind screen instead of windshield.

In the US one might say “It goes fast”, and in the Au they would say it goes like, “The showers of $hit”.
;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
the nex1500 can probably handle this system by itself. It’s got decent xover/ta capabilities.
It does, but I can’t hone in on limiting upper and lower frequencies. I do have passive crossovers in the doors on the front flutes. The rear ones are turned down, only for a little more rear fill and additional mid bass.

201 - 220 of 510 Posts