DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
281 - 300 of 510 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
$299 - Brand new.
That's not included. He excluded them in the last thread.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I think he should link the other two threads. That way we don't keep going in circles. I mean....doesn't matter really I'm clicking in it anyway at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I think he should link the other two threads. That way we don't keep going in circles. I mean....doesn't matter really I'm clicking in it anyway at this point.
Yeah 15 pages in linking two other 15 page threads out to bring all this together!😂 But in all seriousness what’s the latest plan?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Yeah 15 pages in linking two other 15 page threads out to bring all this together!😂 But in all seriousness what’s the latest plan?
He has ordered the cerwin vega subs that I believe you as well as myself recommended like....what man.....23 pages ago. He will be installing those and hoping for some magic I believe.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
The plan. Well. The Vegas were supposed to be here yesterday. Then pushed back to today. Now tracking just says pending delivery. That’s the plan for now. Try those out. They do good, I’ll leave it alone for now. If they don’t, well I have a few other ideas. One being build boxes into my back seat side panels (pics earlier on in the thread does how much room is in there...a lot). Or build a fiberglass enclosure in the side corner of the trunk. I’ve got quite a few more ideas but I’ll stop while I’m ahead. :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
The plan. Well. The Vegas were supposed to be here yesterday. Then pushed back to today. Now tracking just says pending delivery. That’s the plan for now. Try those out. They do good, I’ll leave it alone for now. If they don’t, well I have a few other ideas. One being build boxes into my back seat side panels (pics earlier on in the thread does how much room is in there...a lot). Or build a fiberglass enclosure in the side corner of the trunk. I’ve got quite a few more ideas but I’ll stop while I’m ahead. :)
I like the glassed Into the corner of the trunk idea. Couple that with the quick disconnects for easy removal for track time, and you will have the same thing I've got going on =)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Whats the center console look like? Probably kinda heavy anyway.
I would yank it out and do something like this....
This looks like a f150 but it'll probably fit.
Motor vehicle Car Steering wheel Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
It's more disheartening or irritating to see someone constantly be harassed in their fumbling than it is to see them fumbling. Take it any way as pleased, but it's rather a good thing to have a member playing around, trying different drivers to get a targeted result. At least he's learning what those numbers actually do in real world use because most just live through someone else's supposed knowledge without actually knowing for themselves if it's just fluff or is it actually true.

It's easy to push "this is the best way" or "those are the best to use" and have people blindly follow without actually knowing why or having it proven to them. There's numerous examples of this throughout the years. It's what starts boners that wind up flaccid.... lawdamercy, there's been plenty of that.

Learning like this might seem the hard way, but in the end he will have a better understanding of how to choose gear for a targeted result. Many still do not possess such... or at least as much as they think.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
See below. If you don't believe that. Mount the woofer on top of a 55 gallon drum, listen to the results . Then mount the same woofer on a sheet of 3/4" MDF, lay it down on a pillow or two. Listen to the results.

3d printed baffles aren't very heavy. Even if you print with 100% infill, they aren't nearly as dense as MDF. And weight will help the rear deck from flexing as much and robbing you of output

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
See below. If you don't believe that. Mount the woofer on top of a 55 gallon drum, listen to the results . Then mount the same woofer on a sheet of 3/4" MDF, lay it down on a pillow or two. Listen to the results.
Bro. Come on now. That’s a really extreme comparison. A drum is going to have a totally different resonance than a dual layer thick steel rear deck with deadening all over it with a speaker mounted in a 1/4” thick, 1” (ish) tall adapter ring. Not even a remotely close comparison. I do understand how you guys are thinking. But really, I don’t think the effort will be well spent. I’d rather put effort into just caving in and doing a nice custom box in the corner of the trunk.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Thi
This guy needs to change his name to kanye man....cause you know....na na na nana

·
Registered
880 Posts
Bro. Come on now. That’s a really extreme comparison. A drum is going to have a totally different resonance than a dual layer thick steel rear deck with deadening all over it with a speaker mounted in a 1/4” thick, 1” (ish) tall adapter ring. Not even a remotely close comparison. I do understand how you guys are thinking. But really, I don’t think the effort will be well spent. I’d rather put effort into just caving in and doing a nice custom box in the corner of the trunk.

Yes extreme. But in order to get the most out of any woofer in an IB installation. The rear deck of your car needs to be as rigid and dense as possible. On some cars with OEM rear deck mounted subwoofers. You will find a blank piece of metal block or two mounted under the deck. These heavy metal blocks are used to add density to the rear deck. Also some noise control.

281 - 300 of 510 Posts