DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
501 - 514 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
Yoooo...
Dsp deal of the year....
Has everything you wanted. Just needs the high level input harness.
It actually seems to only have 4 inputs. I want 6 in, 6-8 or 10 out.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
394 Posts
It actually seems to only have 4 inputs. I want 6 in, 6-8 or 10 out.
If you don't mind the conductor remote, you could get away with 2 or 4 inputs; as the conductor can control sub levels as well as the rear stage levels independently. I know you didn't want a sub knob, and I agree most look tacky ... but this thing looks really good installed next to the window switches.

It's $150, so not that bad ... The LED lights are user configurable too. I configured it with blue LEDs for sub control, and green LEDs for rear level control.

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Plant

·
Registered
413 Posts
You can still buy the refurbished units for 150 on their website if you didn't know.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
"Accurate" is truly a wonderful thing when it's a good recording ...and "accurate" can take a flying leap when it's a crappy recording, or if "what the artist intended" is not to my liking.
Tell me about it. Some of the 1970's rock bands have really horrible recordings right up to the mid 1980's. (Joan Jett, AC/DC, etc.)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Tell me about it. Some of the 1970's rock bands have really horrible recordings right up to the mid 1980's. (Joan Jett, AC/DC, etc.)
You think those are bad....some of my Favorite songs are rap songs from 1990 to around 95. Not Tupac or Boyz in thr hood. Those are ok. But UGK ....No Limit stuff....the early cash money....
Early field mob....literally recorded in a closet.....sounded fine back then...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Damn, I spent my whole day of work reading this entire thread. I was was following up on those Audiofile eBay subs. Glad those Vegas worked out for you man.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
Damn, I spent my whole day of work reading this entire thread. I was was following up on those Audiofile eBay subs. Glad those Vegas worked out for you man.
Yea I hate that I wasted money on the audiophiles but it is what it is. The Vegas have made me very happy.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
394 Posts
So ... just some more info to add to this thread ... I finally received my NVX XAD21 amp to power the Vega's I installed in the rear deck (using the adapters KFXGUY printed for me), with hopes of having them be able to replace the 12" sub box in my trunk and reclaim the space ... and I gotta say, @KFXGUY wasn't wrong in his assessment of these speakers in this car!

They seriously over delivered against my expectations.

So here is a graph of my system response using pink noise, with the 12" sealed RF sub in the trunk::

Rectangle Product Slope Font Plot

And here is a graph of my system response using pink noise, with the two 8" Vegas instead of the 12" RF sub:

Rectangle Product Azure Slope Plot

And here they are overlaid on each other:

Rectangle Product Azure Slope Plot

Keep in mind, this is without any specific tuning for the 8s, as I ran out of time to do any more today.

When I finally got everything mounted and operational, I simply used a DMM to set the NVX amp at 250w (4ohm), and then moved the RCA wires from the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 powered sub enclosure, over to the NVX amp with the Vega 8's attached.

I didn't adjust the EQ at all for the 8s, so the Helix channels driving the sub output still have the EQ settings which I setup for the sealed 12. I did adjust the Helix V8 channel levels to try and match the overall level of the 8s to be the same as the 12" sub though.

I do believe after some proper EQ tuning sessions, these 8s in the rear deck will out perform the sealed 12 in the trunk :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #512 ·
I’m glad you like em. I kinda haven’t been on here since I installed them and the unitys. Kinda think I’m done with my stereo as it sounds really good and even tho I had 10+ years of install experience, I leaned a few things. Even tho I don’t install anymore. Well, maybe for my kids cars and mine but I no longer do it professionally. I have to say I’ve never heard infinite baffle sound like this. With a set of 8’s in some plastic adapters at that! Thanks to all who helped!

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
That peak around 40hz is a function of Fs & Qts of the sub. Cutting that a little with a fairly narrow Q will not only smooth out the response, but also deepen it slightly as peaks mask frequencies above & below.

On the flip side, that free natural boost aids in "desirable" bass that most like when listening to older genres like pop.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
That peak around 40hz is a function of Fs & Qts of the sub. Cutting that a little with a fairly narrow Q will not only smooth out the response, but also deepen it slightly as peaks mask frequencies above & below.

On the flip side, that free natural boost aids in "desirable" bass that most like when listening to older genres like pop.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
You know, I must say, i'm very glad you turned me on to these subs....they perform unbelievably well. thanks again!

501 - 514 of 514 Posts