DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question:
What is the best brand for car radios/receivers (double-DIN)?
I've already checked my car's compatibility on both Crutchfield and Sonic Electronix but I just can't decide whether to go with JBL, Kenwood, Pioneer, or Alpine.
Also, it HAS to be Apple CarPlay compatible and have a capacitive touchscreen, I really do not like resistive touchscreens.
Another question:
Will installing a new radio/receiver hinder my ability to use my car’s factory, built-in rear-view camera? or that won't be a problem?

·
Listener of Music
3,788 Posts
Factory camera adaptors are out there. I prefer Pioneer.

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
What is wrong with the current radio?
Does it have appleplay? And/or a touchscreen?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is wrong with the current radio?
Does it have appleplay? And/or a touchscreen?
The current one I have is Rockford Fosgate and the problem is that the bass is too shallow and the treble is high so there’s always this whistle register when I play music. I’ve tried to toggle sound settings and use an equaliser with my iPhone but it’s still not the quality of sound I’m looking for. The current one does not have Apple CarPlay and that’s another reason why I want to buy a new receiver.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Keep looking on Crutchfield. They will usually show the accessories that are available for your car, like backup camera adapters, etc. Talk to an advisor. They can tell you exactly what's available for your vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts