DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
After 18 months or so, one of my CXS64 drivers crapped out. I will call ID to see if I can buy one replacement but WoofersEtc. have the CX62 on sale for $99 and said he would sell make me a good deal on a pair of X-65s.

Would the X65's be worth the upgrade price?
Any SQ issues with going from 4ohm CX64 to the 2ohm. I'm driving these with an old school Soundstream Rubicon 1002 which, at 2ohms would be putting out 500W per side :eek:.

What other mids are worth checking out?
This is in a Honda S2000, system consists only of these and a trunk-mounted sub.

Musical preferences sample: Foo Fighers, Pulley, old AC/DC, SRV, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
For the price the cxs would be your best bet. If something happens to my xs mids I'm going to be replacing with cxs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the price the cxs would be your best bet. If something happens to my xs mids I'm going to be replacing with cxs
Thanks Brian,
Any concern (over)driving them with my amp?
With the current setup, the input gains are almost all the way down and the amp isn't even breathing hard.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I would get the CX62s. Its only $99 and once you install them I bet you wont even notice a difference with the 4ohm ones.

Ive played with 2ohm and 4ohm mids before and as far as I can tell, the 2 ohm ones sound just a little louder, a quick gain drop will even things out. Just make sure the amp is ok with 2ohms.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Love mine. Get em!

·
Registered
60 Posts
So what about CX64 vs X65 if they are the same price? I'd be using them as dedicated midbass up to about 500Hz.

Yes, I relaize this thread is almost a year old :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts