1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:
ID mini body horns with CD PRO drivers

Condition of all items:
Used. Working. The mounting flanges have been cut down to the minimum size possible (8.5" wide) without effecting the horn. One of the tabs for mounting the driver to the horn body is broken; I can fix this if you like or I can sell it as is if you want to do the repair. There are also bolt holes in the body for mounting, but they could be filled in if necessary.

Total Price: Shipping Terms:
$150 shipped obo

Additional info:
If you have any questions or need other pictures just ask.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm surprised you posted images... Looks like Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder did the install... [BUT... that's so wrong... Even the visually challenged would be horrified... GLWS...]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I usually mind my own business, but I don't agree you bashing the OP's thread, he's honest in describing what you would get and IMO his price reflects the condition of the item as well.

I don't have funds for this ATM, but I appreciate his honesty ...

OP, free bump & GLWS!

·
Super Moderator
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol. The horn bodies have been around a while but the drivers are much newer. If they are installed where they should be you won't see them anyway.

I put the best pictures I can get for people so they know what they are getting.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, the bashing wasn't really necessary. If they horrify you, then click the X and move on. No need to be a dick about it when you're not interested at all.

GLWS. Like was said, they're going to be hidden under the dash anyway..

·
Registered
230 Posts
These are the pros that came out before the ultras correct? I also tried looking on PE for new horn bodies but I can not find them. Can u locate them for me

·
Super Moderator
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not know the lineage of the ID drivers.

PE doesn't sell horns specifically designed for cars like the ID horns. As mentioned Eric might have them or locate a used pair.

I doubt if the bodies will sound much different just because of a few surface flaws; might be worth it just to try these for cheap if you are going to use horns, then if you still feel you need better ones then buy new bodies later on. Just an idea.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have thought about that but These are really chopped up and I think their 80each plus I'd really like to try the full bodies so I can cross lower. How is the drivers mechanically?

·
Super Moderator
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I found no problems with them. I mounted them to the bodies, used a 1200Hz HP 24db and they sounded good. They just don't fit where I want them.

I checked the direct voice coil resistance and one was 6.4 and other was 6.5. So good there.

Have you read about the foam people put in the bodies? Not sure if it will be of benefit for your build but it was something new to me I read about the other day. Probably can search it.

·
Super Moderator
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just so we are all on the same page.

Eric Stevens said:
Those are Pro drivers which have been sold for past 2 years or so. They are a ferrite version of the Ultra and share the same diaphragm. Power is 60 watts RMS and sensitivity is 107dB 1w/1m on the MH horns and 109dB 1w/1m on the full size. Impedance is 8 ohms, Recommended high pass xover at 800Hz for full size horns and 1200 Hz on the MH horns.

Eric

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
you can confirm w/ eric but you should be able to countersink some screws into the throat of the horn and not impact the sound. this should get you around any mounting concerns, dont forget to do a bracket on the back where the driver attaches to the body.

Have you read about the foam people put in the bodies? Not sure if it will be of benefit for your build but it was something new to me I read about the other day. Probably can search it.
there's a homster thread patrick bateman started about the foam stuff. The HOMster! (or How I Learned How to Fix a Horn) - diyAudio

i ordered some 1.5" thick reticulated foam from foambymail.com (across town from me) and put it in last night. waiting on time to get everything installed in the new car. :anxious:

GLWS. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.