DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,186 Posts
great write up. im very sorry that one of the terminals is hitting like that and sticking. What serial number is this driver? please pm me all details. This should have been caught.

great write up!

also please check my most recent post in the V4 thread about XMAX ratings. i went ahead and posted @85% of bl and @70% of bl XMAX ratings.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
We even hand heave the tinsel, hand glue the tinsels etc. everything about our q and max drivers screams attention to detail and i trully do take pride in every single driver i make

· Registered
1,186 Posts
We just got one of these - of course it's in a box but I almost cried a little.

Now that I've seen photos of it I've now had to go change my pants... literally.
please provide us with feedback on the product! if there are any improvements we can do to make them better let us know, as we want the best product on the market out there!

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Cool looking & interesting subwoofer w/solid potential. For me, its not. Too heavy & too deep, similar to the whole line of maxs for me. I still can see a lot of people getting them because of the exceptional history & the long awaited anticipation. Many will come.

DonH, I have a question. Are you guys still building the Q line w/composite or will stamped(maybe cast now) baskets prevail? Thanks for any info & may we all live long w/healthy hearing to really appreciate the music of choice...
The v4 q's do not have the composite baskets any more! they are a thing of the past now. Stamped steel baskets with the same look are now used.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
I just noticed something after looking at this old thread. Have the spiders changed from the first Max15s to the slightly newer ones?

I noticed the spider in these pictures looks to be a different/lighter color. I know the flash was used in some of them so I took pictures of mine with a flash and they still come out completely black.

The other difference is mine looks to have 2 more pleats in the spider. I want to say the pleats are deeper on mine but it's too hard to tell from a picture.

Just wondering if the spiders have been changed for better or for worse. Also, does anyone know if these are linear or progressive? I thought progressive had unevenly spaced pleats toward the outside but I can't remember for sure.
I havent been at image for almost 9 months now and I can tell you that parts changed. We had to REJECT close to 60% of the spiders that came in due to over heating/burning of the spiders. thanks China.. (oops did I say that?) I hope they didnt go with cheaper material.

About it beign progressive, the guy who re-designed it was a joke IMHO. I wont say his name but he was NOT a damn speaker engineer. When I built them I did a few tweaks to the driver to make them better BUT the spiders have a very very slight progressive roll. un-noticeable to the naked eye.

1 - 9 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.