Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Image Dynamics X-69 (Midrange/Midbass) Speakers

Product Brand & Model: Image Dynamics - X-69 (Midrange/Midbass) Speakers

Condition of all items: 9.5 / 10 (Very slight mark on the bottom of the magnet.)

Total Price: :$275.00 via paypal

Shipping Terms: :Included in Price

Pictures: Attached

Additional info:

General Info

These speakers were used for a short amount of time. Approximately 3 weeks. Listening to only music at SQ levels. There were well taking care of with installation and removal. The only mark on the magnet. Ask all questions. Shipping is included in the price.

Speaker Specifications

6" x 9" XS Series Car Mid-Bass Driver
Power Handling:
Peak: 600 watts per set / 300 watts each side
RMS: 300 watts per set / 150 watts each side
Recommended Power Range: 15-155 watts each side
Multi layer ceramic fiber and Rohacell composite cones
Parabolic rubber surround
Nomex spider with a progressive roll
Fiberglass composite non–resonant basket eliminates reflective distortion
4 ohms impedance
High temperature and high power voice coil
Neodymium magnet structure
Top-mount depth: 3-5/8"
Sensitivity: 93 dB

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I had a set of those in my last Duramax with horns under the dash, it was a killer front stage to say the least!

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Bump for some great drivers. If I didn't have to modify my door panels in my truck I'd have my pair installed!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yummm. 6x9's! Mine have some serious kick and deliver excellent tight BIG mid bass. Wish these could fit in mine. Glwts.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Interested, but can't find specs on these... physical as well as T/S parameters.

How do you think that they compare to using Dyn MW172 for mid woofer use??

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I don't know about the Dyns but these are very accurate, great punch for midbass, and do vocals well.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I don't know about the Dyns but these are very accurate, great punch for midbass, and do vocals well.
Thanks… I will be running a 3 way with the these (or the Dyns) playing from 75 to 300 in the front doors.

Mids will be taken care of by either HAT L4 in dash or AP-NZ3 in the sail panels. Highs will likely be the AP mini-amt that came with the NZ3. Sub will be an IDQ10v2 under the rear seat.

Punchiness is fine, but ACCURACY is what I am looking for…will these fit the bill or should I stick with the Dyns??

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Yes, they are accurate for sure. As much as Dyns? Pfff... I don't know. Never heard 'em. They have a great reputation and by that are probably better. But so do these IDs and for like, what, half the price and since you're doing a 3-way you're covered for vocals which the Dyn will probably do better in a 2-way so... IMO these are the ticket, my friend.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There speakers are clean. They have no issues. From the top to the bottom. There were used for about 3 weeks, in a SQ setup.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Price $275.00 via paypal. If you went and got these on some other site brand new they run at least another $100.00.

The price of $275.00 dues include shipping via fedex ground.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks… I will be running a 3 way with the these (or the Dyns) playing from 75 to 300 in the front doors.

Mids will be taken care of by either HAT L4 in dash or AP-NZ3 in the sail panels. Highs will likely be the AP mini-amt that came with the NZ3. Sub will be an IDQ10v2 under the rear seat.

Punchiness is fine, but ACCURACY is what I am looking for…will these fit the bill or should I stick with the Dyns??
Listening to my 6x9's which are Pioneer(via quality dsp)I've found them to be dead on. On tracks such as drums from the Album Papa doo run run- California project they hit cleanly and with kick. They attack & stop on point. There is no resonance or bloom after say a drum kick.

Segue to something a little faster such as Slipknot's drum solo track on post 28http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-music-forum/159918-percussion-drum-solo-tracks-2.html

The speakers performed flawlessly. Tight, fast & accurate and able to keep up. For instruments such as cello they reproduce the string and bass very well. I can't tell you about THESE specifically if they are warm sounding, laid back or analytical.

However, going back to memory of the dyn bookshelf speakers they reproduce music that's "lighter" which can translate them to being quicker and have more "air" laced with a laid back sound & warmth. It has all the qualities listed above but at a much higher price point. Just have to ask yourself will the dyn's be 3-5 x better than these based on the amount you'll spend. That, I can't help you with.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Listening to my 6x9's which are Pioneer(via quality dsp)I've found them to be dead on. On tracks such as drums from the Album Papa doo run run- California project they hit cleanly and with kick. They attack & stop on point. There is no resonance or bloom after say a drum kick.

Segue to something a little faster such as Slipknot's drum solo track on post 28http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-music-forum/159918-percussion-drum-solo-tracks-2.html

The speakers performed flawlessly. Tight, fast & accurate and able to keep up. For instruments such as cello they reproduce the string and bass very well. I can't tell you about THESE specifically if they are warm sounding, laid back or analytical.

However, going back to memory of the dyn bookshelf speakers they reproduce music that's "lighter" which can translate them to being quicker and have more "air" laced with a laid back sound & warmth. It has all the qualities listed above but at a much higher price point. Just have to ask yourself will the dyn's be 3-5 x better than these based on the amount you'll spend. That, I can't help you with.
Thanks for the subjective listening details…I'm going to compare the two of them when I do my install…probably come out even in terms of what I like, but for that price on the XS69, couldn't pass on the opportunity to listen to them. The only thing I will need to take into consideration is longevity of the XS69 with their comp[osite basket, vs the Dyns steel basket. In terms of paying more for the Dyns, I got an excellent condition, used pair for $250 shipped, so while it IS twice as much as I paid for these XS69, they are still a dam good deal. I'll end up passing whichever pair I don;t use onto someone else also for a good deal.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Ooops. Mods PLEASE delete above post #14…though I was posting in the for sale thread on the XS69 I just bought!!

…SORRY to the OP for cluttering your thread, free bump..lol??

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
run these at 72hz @ 24db with 250-600wrms and prepare to be amazed! They play very flat up to about 4500hz. I have run these with both 250wrms and 600wrms and they shine at those power levels....with SQ music of course. I doubt I will ever get rid of my set and they may very well get massaged into my truck doors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.