DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my front stage, I am planning on using the following set-up:

Seas G18RNX or CA198RNX in the doors and LPG 25nfa's in small little kick-panel pods.

My set-up will be fully active. H701 as processor. This will be a 5.1 setup, so all of my channels on the H701 will be in use.

Question is this--

If I decide to run image tweets in parallel with the nfa's what resistance value do I use? Do I just use the nominal impedance of the image tweeter to determine which size cap to use? I am thinking of high passing them at 5k or so.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Could you explain more about what you're trying to achieve? I'm a little confused.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds like he is wanting to raise the sound stage by placing a set of tweets possibly in the a-pillars like CDT's image enhansement kit...?

dave

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking of using 4 tweeters.

2 in the kicks and 2 in the sails. Using the tweets in the sails to help raise the soundstage. I would like for them to only play the upper treble frequencies.

Unfortunately I do not have any more channels on the processor. I will need to wire the tweets in parallel.

See this link- I am trying to figure out the capacitor value.

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/icixnation/images/2247_3.jpg

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Usually when wiring in parallel, the end load is 1/2 of the operating impedence of tweeters. 2 tweets normally 8 ohm wired in parallel will produce an end load of 4 ohms. Since the tweets in the sails will merely be more for enhancement more than the main high, why not run them off of the head unit?

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FaintReality said:
Sounds like he is wanting to raise the sound stage by placing a set of tweets possibly in the a-pillars like CDT's image enhansement kit...?

dave
Bingo.

So my question is which resistance value do I use.. the final load at the Amp, or the nominal impedance of the speaker that the cap will be filtering?

3.4 or 6.8?

I assume 3.4.. but not sure. Please look at the diagram I posted.

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh...

Thanks for the help on this, guys.

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright... I was making this waaaaay too difficult.

All I need to do is use a Y adapter to split the signal from the proc into the Zapco.

I can use the front channels for the sail panels with an inline cap, and use the gain to attenuate as necessary and use the rears for the kick tweets.

So now I just need to figure out the proper cap size for the sail tweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts