DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Impossible amp help needed

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Airforceyooper 
Well the DLS RA, JL Slash & Alpine was tested vs some others for SQ in a seriuos magazine here...

For sound quality the DLS RA came third, the R/F Power 2:nd and PG Xenon toped the list. There is defenitly differencies in SQ between amps. I have the Xenons right now, and they are a good choise for natural, uncolored amplification, if you are looking for something warmer go Genesis, Audison or if you can get them Celestra RA (personal favorite amp at present).

The mag isn´t online and I doubt you´ll get much out of it anyway, since it´s in Swedish... :) This is DLS home country btw. JL and Alpine was a notch behind, but they didn´t rank them. Oh, sorry, checked the mag, DLS didn´t make the top either, it was a Genesis amp that took third.

My company does distribute PG in this country and was of course very glad of the outcome of the article but did not influence it in any way. And with the prices you guys can get them for I´d go and listen. I have done comparative blind listening tests of several amps, including some really heavy things like Alpines F1 MRV900 (nice, warm amp btw) and the Xenons are a good choise for anyone who wants a neutral sounding amp with power and resonable detail.

Only way to judge amps properly imo is to give them same conditions (adjusted output levels et.c) and do a blind test, ABX style.

I´ve done that on amps, and the differencies between mid-range amps like these are there but they are quite slight. Largest difference IMO is voicing, i.e if it is biased vs "detailed", "neutral" or "warm".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.