DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just imprinted my 9887 a few times and it isn't using the front hpf crossover i set before hand like i read it should or detecting that the speakers cant take low bass so i have a great sound at low volumes but cant turn it up past 12 without the car shaking apart ? The fronts are powered by the headunit and there are no rears just a sub which works fine ? Help :-(

Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Read all that and no one seems to have had this, usually lack of bass and most are using amps too.
The great thing about imprint is that when it gets run it ignores all of your crossover settings and makes its own, therefore making it almost useless since it always gets them wrong :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The great thing about imprint is that when it gets run it ignores all of your crossover settings and makes its own, therefore making it almost useless since it always gets them wrong :)
Lol oh great ! i read that you could set them before but rom my experience seems not :( so its basically useless for me then ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lol oh great ! i read that you could set them before but rom my experience seems not :( so its basically useless for me then ?
Yeah you can set them before, but they will only be used if you leave it in manual mode and don't run imprint. So if you need precise control over the crossovers then yes, Imprint is basically useless for you.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Actually, that is incorrect. If you set a crossover, Imprint respects it. The only crossover it even can set is for the sub to mains. From my experience, it only does so if you have not set one yourself.

Initially, I felt it set the sub crossover incorrectly, but lately I have not had any problem with it. I still set it myself most of the time, mainly from habit I suppose. The secret seems to be that the system really has to have enough power for the mids and you need to be able to cut the tweeter levels after running Imprint.

As far as Avonvilla's problem is concerned, I have no idea what the problem is. I ran my system off deck power to begin with, but I was using it in the 3-way mode, treating the fronts as mids.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, that is incorrect. If you set a crossover, Imprint respects it. The only crossover it even can set is for the sub to mains. From my experience, it only does so if you have not set one yourself.

Initially, I felt it set the sub crossover incorrectly, but lately I have not had any problem with it. I still set it myself most of the time, mainly from habit I suppose. The secret seems to be that the system really has to have enough power for the mids and you need to be able to cut the tweeter levels after running Imprint.

As far as Avonvilla's problem is concerned, I have no idea what the problem is. I ran my system off deck power to begin with, but I was using it in the 3-way mode, treating the fronts as mids.
Well mine sure doesn't respect it, are you using a 9887 ? tried it several times with ver 1 and 2 of the software too, just totally ignores it, only way i can crank it up to say 18 is to have the bass on full minus but then it sounds rubbish.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last time I checked my .sig I was.

No idea what your problem is. Have you tried talking to Alpine?
Lol oh yeah :)

I have emailed them today, just weird how there seems to be such a differance of opinion on the crossover having an effect on imprint or not, i got that feeling from the big thread too, i wonder if there are differant revisions of 9887 ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After reading 86mr2's comment he was running in 3 way i thought i'd give it a go, so now my full ranges are set as mids ( although can still be full range ) nothing on the high's at all and it seems to sort of work, just done a quick test and it appeared to me to have sort of looked at the crossover i had set although its still a bit much for my setup so will tweak it higher and imprint again but looks like this is the answer, thanks for the posts above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts