DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I'm goofing around again. I noticed that after "Imprinting" my subs get set to full range or damn close. I feel versed enough on running the Imprint, connections are correct, so on and so fourth.

Anyone else come across this? I found one post on Crotchfield, but the rep really didn't have anything to say other that "yeah, I've heard of that before".

If you were to sit in the car, you'd never know. "Upfront" bass is impressive and the stage is pretty decent IMO. I'm thinking of just run running the xover on the amp at 125ish.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Imprint = full range to subs ?

Anyone?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can't say for sure if my subs were getting full range (maybe I'll check later), but my fronts were certainly getting full-range or darn close to it.

That, after pretty much everywhere on the net saying the Imprint auto-setup would respect the active crossovers already configured.

It didn't take even a full hour to regret that thing.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
The crossover sure does seem a bit high to me as well. I don't know about full range. Take one of your surround speakers from your house and plug it in to the sub speaker wire on low volume and see what all comes out. I'll bet it ain't FULL range but I do think it is a bit high.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Imprint setup does NOT care about the sub xover no matter where it is set.

True, most likely not full range, but it's way up there. I might have to try a full range speaker on the output just to see.

Glad I'm not alone and going crazy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts