DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im relatively new to higher end car audio and want to do some sound processing in the system in building. So I would enjoy hearing the opinions for one or other other from who every would like to share it.

My question is. Is Alpine Imprint a good system and software to use for tuning(another software option) or should i look more towards using an EQ board, should i say manual tuning?

thanks for your time

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Most everyone here will say go with manual tuning. I agree, if you know what you're doing.

My first sound processor was the Alpine H100. I didn't use the Imprint software at first, just trying to tune it myself, having no real idea what I was doing. Thought it sounded pretty good. Then I got the Imprint tuning to work and holy crap what a difference. It was a lot better than what I did.

The only Alpine Imprint processor that allows you to tweak things post auto-eq is the new H800 that's not available in the US yet. All others do not have any tweaking ability once you run the Imprint. So if you like it, great, but if you don't.. not much you can do.

Up to you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I vote for manual. Mostly cause half the fun of my system is tweaking it. But thats just me. I would become bored quickly if i just had to let a computer do it for me. The autoEQ is nice to get a reference point to hear so you know what to aim for and then improve

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I too went with Manual tuning...it was worlds better than the auto-tune with imprint, at least in my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts