DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i tried to run imprint this weekend and could not get the software to run right. now im thinking about just picking up a pioneer 880 instead and ditching the imprint. do you think this is a bad idea?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Having went from an 880 to a 505 w/ imprint....... I enjoy what the Imprint came up with in my car. The 880 did ok, but IMO it's an apples to oranges comparison.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I went the other way, from imprint to an 880, and its much better. :p

So there you go, two conflicting answers. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it sounds like i cant really go wrong either way. i do like the way the 880 looks better than my cda 9884.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I used to run an 880 and liked it a lot, but Imprint is WAY more sophisticated than the 880 is as far as auto tuning.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I used to run an 880 and liked it a lot, but Imprint is WAY more sophisticated than the 880 is as far as auto tuning.
Auto tuning yes, control AFTER auto tuning, that's a big hell no. Also, many do not like the results imprint offers in a car, seeing that it is a home theater technology that was poorly approximated to a car environment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Imprint would be great if you could adjust after the imprint had done its thing. But you cant. And until you can, it will suck. Get the 880, dont hesitate

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
That's the main problem. No computer will ever get it perfectly to my liking. If I can't adjust it after imprinting, it's worthless to me. The only thing I would change about the 880 is being able to SEE what it did to the EQ.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The 880 has great sound, and the dual Burr Brown chips probably has something to do with it. Love it.
Mike
And I agree, I wish it would make the EQ and then let you adjust that EQ instead of having that active and then doing slight adjustments on top of that. For me the auto EQ does a great job, just needs minor tweaks...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have used the Alipne Imprint and you can make small adjustments with the optinal software after the baseline has been made. But i did not like the SQ that it gave me. Definately improved the car.... but i wanted more adjustment. I am going to switch to the Pioneer.....

Does anyone know the differences between the DEH-P880PRS and the DEH-P800PRS

I think the 880 is and older model......??????>>>>>>

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have used the Alipne Imprint and you can make small adjustments with the optinal software after the baseline has been made. But i did not like the SQ that it gave me. Definately improved the car.... but i wanted more adjustment. I am going to switch to the Pioneer.....

Does anyone know the differences between the DEH-P880PRS and the DEH-P800PRS

I think the 880 is and older model......??????>>>>>>
YEs the 880 is the older model, but I think the new model has only minor changes. I think they use a copper chassis.. not sure what else but from what Ive read not worth the upgrade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts