DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Finally got around to really messing with the MultEQ today. Out of 4 different measurements, the best sounding IMO was the Audessy recommendation (Measurement 6 same as 1 but more foreward. The stage still seems a tad off to the right, I will redo tomorrow moving the mic about 2 inches to the left for each measurement.

ALSO BIG TIP here for non XP users. I ran an Oracle VM Virtual Box of XP SP 2 to get this to work on my Windows 7 laptop. Make sure you setup the USB correctly in the program to get it to work.

I am very impressed with the tuning, bummbed that the PXA-H100 doesn't respect active crossovers, but with Passives on my components and using my sub amp to x-over the sub, it sounds pretty decent. And I still have the ability to switch off the curve if I like :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, quick question about an Error -2 message. I've received this code at least 15 times now, only making it completely through it once and that time after I sent the curve I believe the PXA-H100 froze. After I closed the Imprint software I disconnected the microphone by the headunit (iXA-W407) never responded and updated, I ultimately had to kill the ignition to regain control of it.

I've followed the steps perfectly including hooking the vehicle up to a battery charger just in case lack of power is an issue. I read in a previous post on this thread where someone was receiving the same error code and he said the issue was with a satellite radio running on Ai-Net for measurement. I tried disconnecting that this morning as well only having the Imprint connected and I'm still receiving the same error code.

The timing of when it gives the error is never the same, sometimes it'll happen in the first 3 minutes and other times it's made it to the subs before giving the error code. Also each time I've received it I've power cycled everything, disconnected the mic, closed Imprint, turned off the ACC off, disconnected the USB cable, and rebooted computer so I was trying a fresh run each time. Any help or suggestions would be great appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The Error -2 and Error 0014 are related to the USB drivers. Before installing the sound manager, you need to open the other folder on the cd and run the usb driver installer. Then plug in the imprint box to you computer and install the software with it all plugged in. Then restart your computer. I just had these errors all day yesterday and couldn't get through a run. Then I re-did everything this way and it works fine. Try it.

Also, if you are running active I can confirm that Imprint respects whatever crossover point you have set between your tweeter and midbass. But it sets your midbass to sub crossover. I'm sure of it now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know this is probably one of the worst places to ask this, but would anyone possibly be interested in either renting out or letting their IMPRINT system be borrowed by a member on this site? I am in San Jose, CA and would really like to further my tuning with this program and hardware, but I am unaware of any shops around here that have it to use. (only to buy)

Thanks, and I really enjoyed reading this.

-Ryan

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know this is probably one of the worst places to ask this, but would anyone possibly be interested in either renting out or letting their IMPRINT system be borrowed by a member on this site? I am in San Jose, CA and would really like to further my tuning with this program and hardware, but I am unaware of any shops around here that have it to use. (only to buy)

Thanks, and I really enjoyed reading this.

-Ryan[/QUOT

pmed you...

·
Registered
243 Posts
To better understand the inner workings of Imprint, can the experts verify the units from this example imprint file?

<Channel>1</Channel>
<TrimLevel>5.355089</TrimLevel> units? db attenuation?
<MEQTrimLevel>5.355089</MEQTrimLevel> units? db attenuation?
<SpeakerType>SPEAKER_SMALL</SpeakerType> difference between small / large speaker setting
<Delay>4.9375</Delay> units? msecs?
<Polarity>1</Polarity> standard or reverse polarity?
<Crossover>80</Crossover> i.e LP filter ?
<CutoffFreq>20</CutoffFreq> i.e. HP filter ?
<CutoffOrder>3</CutoffOrder> units? db/octave?

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Error -2 and Error 0014 are related to the USB drivers. Before installing the sound manager, you need to open the other folder on the cd and run the usb driver installer. Then plug in the imprint box to you computer and install the software with it all plugged in. Then restart your computer. I just had these errors all day yesterday and couldn't get through a run. Then I re-did everything this way and it works fine. Try it.

Also, if you are running active I can confirm that Imprint respects whatever crossover point you have set between your tweeter and midbass. But it sets your midbass to sub crossover. I'm sure of it now.
I know this post was pretty old, but are you saying to wait to install the software after you hook the imprint USB to the laptop? And is this with the key turned on, so that the imprint has power? The error -2 is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know this post was pretty old, but are you saying to wait to install the software after you hook the imprint USB to the laptop? And is this with the key turned on, so that the imprint has power? The error -2 is driving me crazy.
I've used imprint recently.. This is my process.

1) Power is off
2) connect mic and usb cord to PXA-H100
3) Connect usb cord to laptop (laptop is "on")
4) turn on ign to vehicle
5) Start the imprint program on the laptop. select your version of processor and start the process.

This has never failed me. Hope this helps.

Brian

·
Registered
171 Posts
Do you turn the ignition to on or accessory? Not sure if it matters or not. Accessory is a turn back on mine. And on is a click forward.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Still no luck. I was able to get it to my sub (69% for position one) twice before I got error -2. Then the error started popping up earlier and earlier. I wonder if everything is just getting too hot? The PXA-H100 is in my glove box, and I'm in Texas, so it's still 95 degrees right now. Could that be it?

It's supposed to cool off a little next week, so I might try again then.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Still no luck. I was able to get it to my sub (69% for position one) twice before I got error -2. Then the error started popping up earlier and earlier. I wonder if everything is just getting too hot? The PXA-H100 is in my glove box, and I'm in Texas, so it's still 95 degrees right now. Could that be it?

It's supposed to cool off a little next week, so I might try again then.
No opinions on the temperature..

Maybe this is the solution

Alpine IMPRINT KTX-H100 "error-2" -

Or maybe this.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-sq-forum-technical-advanced/51886-9886-imprint-error-2-measure-command-error.html

Or maybe this..

Does the imprint kit for alpine hu really make sense ? - Team-BHP

good luck

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the links. I ran across all of those as well, and no luck yet. I'll give it a shot again in a few days. If I find a solution, I'll make sure to post it up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Finally fixed the issue, although still not sure what it was. I swapped out the X305S for another one, due to a strange distortion on vocals. Put in the new HU, and used a different laptop, and it worked. Still have to play around with it, because I'm not impressed right now. The sound is very thin without much depth/warmth.

But I'm not giving up yet.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Finally fixed the issue, although still not sure what it was. I swapped out the X305S for another one, due to a strange distortion on vocals. Put in the new HU, and used a different laptop, and it worked. Still have to play around with it, because I'm not impressed right now. The sound is very thin without much depth/warmth.

But I'm not giving up yet.
Thats a good description of Imprint tuning. Why I quit with mine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm going to give it one more shot using the Audyssey method, where all 6 positions are on the driver's seat. If that doesn't work, I'll stick with my manual tune. I'm pretty happy with that right now anyway.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have found that tuning using ALL and testing all six seat positions yields the best results to my ears. I use a tripod with a sandbag.

I turned the sub gain down, then back up after tuning...and I added a -3dB cut to my tweets via their passives.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My experience has told me after 4 years of semi-satisfaction (H650) that I need something different. Even if the staging sounds great, I can never tame out some horrible frequencies that make some vocals and guitar unbearable. I don't know about you, but my time is valuable and retuning a dozen times has me about ready to throw it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After dealing with the ktx-h100 for a while ill add my input.

Make sure all of your speakers are in phase.
Do 5 mic points just as instructed with the software.
Take the rta you get from imprint, turn imprint off and tune it yourself.
:)
I have never been able to get multieq to sound good AND stage well.
So just eq it yourself and time align it like the head unit instruction manual tells you, take measurements with a tape measure and calculate off the furthest speaker. Do the math and enter values.
It will sound amazing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I took one last shot using the new software that reker13 uploaded and I have changed my tune, as it were. MUCH better result. Used 5 positions. 3 along ear axis and 1 slightly in front and 1 slightly (3") behind. Staging is great and some EQ shifts have it lined up nicely.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts