DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a new system with a Alpine CDA-117 and the PXA-H100 and wonder if I should keep it. First the software suxs, I had to grab an old laptop to run it. Second, after running it, I have to say that the sound stage is great, but couldn't I just input all those settings myself manually and this would allow me to adjust the PEQ so that I could fix the hump I have in the 60 hz region(I verified this using a TrueRTA setup). MultiEQ kinda blows since it does not allow you to mess with the sub itself and it only adjust the soundstage itself opposed to the Audessy system designed for Home Theaters. Forgive my rant, but you would think that the sub should be allowed to be 'tweaked' more then it is with the Imprint software or am I missing something??

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should state the question a little differently since I only got 1 reply. Can you take the data in it's entirety located in the calibResults.xml file and enter them in manually in the CDA-117 HU? If not, what can't you enter or is the data too precise to enter in the HU?

Would I be better off to add on an extra PEQ just for the Sub? Budget is a concern but I do't mind spending a little more money too have a system that sounds better.

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
No, the Multi-EQ uses way way more EQ bands. But, having said that, I still prefer to use the limited PEQ and tune manually.

·
Registered
126 Posts
After first trying the imprint when I really didn't know anything about car audio it seemed to be fine, but like you I couldn't adjust anything and the eq target you could choose from didn't do me justice. I later graduated into a bitone and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is the imprint tuning taking away too much bass from the sub?

When I ran imprint in the past, before running the software I would reduce the sub gain on the amp. After the imprint was done I would set the sub gain back to normal.

Like others have stated, I prefer manual tuning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts