DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Ears getting adjusted perhaps?
I dont think so but one never knows I guess. One thing for sure is I put alot more time into tuning with the Morel, the JL had sooooo much bass tuning didnt seem to make as much a diff as it did with the Morel.

I have to think a subwoofer is like a new engine, as in they both need a short break in time at operating temperatures to get everything moving smoothly.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,003 Posts
I just skimmed through the whole thread and didn't see any RTA response plots when the various subwoofers were swapped in and out. Where are they? Don't tell me this is another one of those subjective tests using one's ears...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #144 (Edited)
I just skimmed through the whole thread and didn't see any RTA response plots when the various subwoofers were swapped in and out. Where are they? Don't tell me this is another one of those subjective tests using one's ears...
Ah, so your ears are unable to discern the differences between subwoofers, better get that checked out.

Sorry, I dropped a grand plus on drivers and enclosures and wasnt able to afford an RTA.

Rather than accept a solid, experienced user review you will sit and rip on all my effort for lack of an RTA? Tell you what, you just go ahead and buy all the same drivers AND AN RTA and go ahead and do it "right" yourself.

What a tool.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
ChrisB: And "skimming" doesnt cut it. If you are going to make a loudmouthed statement like that you have better read the entire thread!

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,003 Posts
Ah, so your ears are unable to discern the differences between subwoofers, better get that checked out.

Sorry, I dropped a grand plus on drivers and enclosures and wasnt able to afford an RTA.

Rather than accept a solid, experienced user review you will sit and rip on all my effort for lack of an RTA? Tell you what, you just go ahead and buy all the same drivers AND AN RTA and go ahead and do it "right" yourself.

What a douche.
I actually own a PC based RTA and have a calibrated measuring microphone. It just so happens that the human ear is least sensitive in the low frequency spectrum and any differences using YOUR ears is totally subjective. Finally, the sub is the LEAST important part of the musical reproduction spectrum yet all too many spend the bulk of their budget on the sub stage.

ChrisB: And "skimming" doesnt cut it. If you are going to make a loudmouthed statement like that you have better read the entire thread!

So you are telling me you kept all things equal between the different subwoofers by using modeling software to keep the predicted F3 response plot similar between all the different subs then used YOUR ears to judge them?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts

What a douche.
What differences were you able to discern?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
I actually own a PC based RTA and have a calibrated measuring microphone. It just so happens that the human ear is least sensitive in the low frequency spectrum and any differences using YOUR ears is totally subjective. Finally, the sub is the LEAST important part of the musical reproduction spectrum yet all too many spend the bulk of their budget on the sub stage.
Well good for you Chris, now you just need to pick up a 12w7, Ultimo SC12 and a PG Ti12d Elite. Oh ya, and three enclosures.

Anxiously awaiting your review....

PS Once again, before spouting off why dont you read the article? And no, the majority of my budget is in my front end. Of course you would know this if you had bothered to read the thread.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

So you are telling me you kept all things equal between the different subwoofers by using modeling software to keep the predicted F3 response plot similar between all the different subs then used YOUR ears to judge them?
Read the thread. I dont give a rats ass about the predicted F3 response, I care how they performed in my vehicle.

I cant wait to see your plots and to read your review on these three subs.... make sure to include pictures of all three subs together at the same time so we know you arent handing any bs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
And I will put my system up against the one in your rustang anyday ChrisB...

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,003 Posts
And I will put my system up against the one in your rustang anyday ChrisB...
Come on down!

Oh, but to keep things fair, you need to come on down with a system in a S197 rustang utilizing the stock locations to compare apples to apples. I learned the hard way that the most troublesome part of car audio is the car itself!

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,003 Posts
Read the thread. I dont give a rats ass about the predicted F3 response, I care how they performed in my vehicle.
So how did you keep your test scientific between the three different subwoofers if you had no baseline to keep things similar between all three?

I cant wait to see your plots and to read your review on these three subs.... make sure to include pictures of all three subs together at the same time so we know you arent handing any bs.
Why should I? I'm happy with my system as it sits knowing the limitations of the environment that I chose to install it in.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts

What a douche.
What differences were you able to discern?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
So how did you keep your test scientific between the three different subwoofers if you had no baseline to keep things similar between all three?

Why should I? I'm happy with my system as it sits knowing the limitations of the environment that I chose to install it in.
Why should I? Because you spouted off at the lip! You are one stupid m.....r. I put a ton of work into sharing with this website and you come along and think you know it all, acting like my efforts are worthless? You are a bottom feeding moron.

And I wouldnt own a POS mustang if you paid me, no hp, looks like shit and has no resale value, nice car. NOT!

I GUARANTEE my system in my 2006 V-6, 260 hp Accord would put your "system" to shame AND smoke you in a 1/4 mile!

I will come down for the shootout when you post the test results on all three subs with pictures...

YOU ARE A TOOL

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I promise that I will never put forth effort like this again. Bunch of ungrateful pricks.

·
5,189 Posts
They are making the point that most comparison tests have this in common; they do not take out all the variables, making the test unscientific and therefore leaving room for objective bias in the review.

Comparison tests are always subject to scrutiny but I for one appreciate them because of the things that go along with them. Like the additional hand-on product knowledge and the application ideas.

Do not take offense to what they are saying. It is how people in this segment of the hobby find absolutes.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,003 Posts
I GUARANTEE my system in my 2006 V-6, 260 hp Accord would put your "system" to shame AND smoke you in a 1/4 mile!
I actually owned a 2007 V6 6MT that was totaled in October 2007. I hate to break it to you, but you are wrong about the 1/4 mile thing.;)

And since you are a stickler for photos, here are a couple of my now gone Accord, prior to pulling the stick on pin stripes (I hate those things):

YOU ARE A TOOL
Flattery will get you nowhere!

They are making the point that most comparison tests have this in common; they do not take out all the variables, making the test unscientific and therefore leaving room for objective bias in the review.

Comparison tests are always subject to scrutiny but I for one appreciate them because of the things that go along with them. Like the additional hand-on product knowledge and the application ideas.

Do not take offense to what they are saying. It is how people in this segment of the hobby find absolutes.
I'm sorry schmiddr2 and oldskewl. I'll go back into the corner and behave.:blush:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Brief change of pace....

This has nothing to do with the current discussion....

I heard a JL W7 (not positive of the size unfortunately) in an IB installation running off the D class channel of an Audison 5.1k (750 watts @ 4ohm)......... and it was fantastic!

OK, sorry about that..... you were saying.....

141 - 160 of 191 Posts