DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,039 Posts
i have one but im keeping it,you can indeed find one on ebay for under 300 and some i seen there are in great con.ive had highend alpines for 8 yrs until i got my 8053, it sounds better and the procc. power is sick . just my exp.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
the 8053 does not need the bal line conv. for unbal usage, you just use the pos or neg side of the rca outputs either or but not bothat the same time ,i had to call tech supp. to find out for shure myself,the 8443 and 8053 should sound near ident. both share 24 bit dacs and the same procc. features-if cheaper go with the 8443 you wont miss anything.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
besides plying with a friends 8443 some time ago , i dont remember much if any of the display being diff. the functions took me some time to get used to coming off a high end alpine,after a bit of playing i can switch crossover pionts etc and drive.i find the deck a bit diff. to sead on a az. day you can adjust the lighting and contrast,but at night i love it easy to read and functional display when you get used to it,hope it helps!

· Registered
1,039 Posts
hey demon there is a 8443 on ebay i believe 7 days left looks in exc. cond. and seller has good feedback auction 5 8 0 2 5 4 9 6 4 0

· Registered
1,039 Posts
i have had problems with turn on - off pops with a couple of amps i had htried in the past but not my adcom or pg 275, so i believe its amp related,my friend 8443-did have alt noise he could not get rid of and thought it was deck related, i have not had any noise problems similar to his , i pay special attn. to grounding of all comp. some thing he didnt do much of on his veh.race good piont on decks the sq between other high end decks wont make or break the system, imo the 8053 is best sounding deck ive listened to. features will have more of an imact though.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
the on-off-pop can be damaging to tweeters ,and can cause them to over exert in one direction depending on the amount of current-voltage sent to it ,over a period of time it will degrade the tweeter.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
can we start sending our decks to npdang for testing and reports?!!! haa j-k .seems from all the amps ive tried in my car with my 8053,hmmm i can count 9 diff. ones at the top of my head- the amps with longer turn on times had no on-off pops and only had 2 with that problem.i also ran a new larger ga ground to a diff piont near the kick panel-near factory grnd. instead of using the harness gnd.has it helped, i dont know ,but rather do than to scramble later

· Registered
1,039 Posts
good piont, when a product performs well its a function of the whole not just a highlighted feature like 24 bit dacs ,the amount of clean output voltage and features overall have more of an effect on perf. my 8053 sounds better to me than the alpine 7897 that i had prior,dont know why, but overall the eclipse has bit higher output volt.more procc. features and 24 bit dacs .i would not attribute this to be a function of the dacs alone but overall features. i still wish i would have kept that alpine though-cool good sounding deck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.