DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I see a lot of questions here about sound deadening and how to get the most bass out of your front speakers so I wanted to make something to help you guys out!

In order to get the most out of our front speakers we need to take some steps installing sound deadening, and do it properly. This video will show you how you can improve your mid bass by making your door into more of a cavity simulating a subwoofer enclosure. It also shows how you can use CLD tiles, Mass Loaded Vinyl, and Closed Cell Foam to properly deaden the entire door.

Check it out and let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I always enjoy these vids and am insanely jealous of the space that car has between the door and the trim. There is no way I could fit that mlv between mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Yeah I'm going to have to DIY some for my 8's... Wish they would just make them for 8's lol
You can just cut them and put the pieces together to make an 8" version. It's foam, its pretty flexible.. :D (I did that in my door...)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great video.
How did you like using the luxury liner pro on the doors? I always thought it was to heavy to hang.

·
18,359 Posts
While applying CLD to a door has been the go-to method for increasing midbass response over the years - me being subject to doing it myself in ridiculous amounts - based on my past experience, I think your efforts are better spent on bracing the door (in whichever fashion you deem best; personally I've used dowels). You'll notice that the really well built low-frequency enclosures don't have CLD slapped all over them. However, they are braced very well.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
While applying CLD to a door has been the go-to method for increasing midbass response over the years - me being subject to doing it myself in ridiculous amounts - based on my past experience, I think your efforts are better spent on bracing the door (in whichever fashion you deem best; personally I've used dowels). You'll notice that the really well built low-frequency enclosures don't have CLD slapped all over them. However, they are braced very well.
Completely agreed. CLD is just not capable of stopping the kind of vibration caused by mounting a speaker to a door, even in multiple layers. Bracing is the much better option if you're willing to pursue it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts