DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
"The BL curve of the Flatlyne is so close to being perfect, you would think you were looking at a person dying."

So where is it?

·
Registered
584 Posts
"The BL curve of the Flatlyne is so close to being perfect, you would think you were looking at a person dying."

So where is it?
They've refused to post Thiele/Small parameters on most of their products for months; I don't think they're going to provide any information for this driver either.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Something about Incriminator prevents me from taking them serious.
I am with you on that one. The fact that they are the "boner" product on this other car audio forum reassures why I don't take them seriously.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am with you on that one. The fact that they are the "boner" product on this other car audio forum reassures why I don't take them seriously.:rolleyes:
Believe what you will.....I've made it's my life mission to make believers one at a time. I think I made 300 or 400 more after this weekend at SBN. I even had 10-15 vistors from a few others companies you guys speak so highly of, one even has the same name as me! :)

Thanks,
Nick Wright
Incriminator Audio

·
18,681 Posts
You're from Bama, eh? I know Andy and Robert talk about your stuff a good bit lately. Where exactly in 'bama are you?

I'm in Decatur (near Huntsville).

:)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Believe what you will.....I've made it's my life mission to make believers one at a time. I think I made 300 or 400 more after this weekend at SBN. I even had 10-15 vistors from a few others companies you guys speak so highly of, one even has the same name as me! :)

Thanks,
Nick Wright
Incriminator Audio
So does that mean you're continuing to prevaricate?

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll take a stab at it from the first link up above...

Incriminator Audio
3769 Co. Rd. 51
Rogersville, AL 35652
Phone: (256) 417-6658 (Digital)
Hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time Zone (GMT -6)

:blush:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
He's not too far from you Bikin.

Shocker that people have already written this sub off just b/c it's been mentioned on SoundDomain. :rolleyes:

You know, morel has been talked about over there too. So has Dyn, Genesis, Hybrid, Tru, Audison, Zapco, Second Skin, RaamMat, Scan, Alpine, Denon, etc etc etc. Do we no longer care about those either?

Fvcking get off your ass and go listen to the damn thing before making assumptions. Oh that's right, all you need is a response graph and some T/S parameters to tell whether it'll work or not. :rolleyes:

Nick, sorry for dumping on your thread.

Get off your ass

·
Registered
584 Posts
Only one person cited their popularity elsewhere as a reason; that hardly constitutes as "people". Some of us have legitimate questions.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This sub was sold for Infinite Baffle usage if it helps :)

In the thread up top they mentioned it was used IB, comes in dual 4 or 2 ohms.

I'm guessing the specs on the Flatlyne are pretty impressive, they mentioned some serious lows on it .

Parameters on the XJ-12 with VCs in parallel (dual 8s).

Re: 3.95
fs: 31Hz
Qms: 4.35
Qes: .67
Qts: .58
mms: 114g
cms: .233 mm/N
Vas: 83L
BL: 11.4
Eff: 87.7db/1W/1M
xmax: 26-27mm one way
Pmax: Lets say 600W which is conservative. If you thermally fry the thing your doing something very stupid.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I'd like to see more reviews on these. Those reviews on that link just reeks of marketing, IMO. I'd love to hear/read some real consumer reviews on these.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
This sub was sold for Infinite Baffle usage if it helps :)

In the thread up top they mentioned it was used IB, comes in dual 4 or 2 ohms.

I'm guessing the specs on the Flatlyne are pretty impressive, they mentioned some serious lows on it .

Parameters on the XJ-12 with VCs in parallel (dual 8s).

Re: 3.95
fs: 31Hz
Qms: 4.35
Qes: .67
Qts: .58
mms: 114g
cms: .233 mm/N
Vas: 83L
BL: 11.4
Eff: 87.7db/1W/1M
xmax: 26-27mm one way
Pmax: Lets say 600W which is conservative. If you thermally fry the thing your doing something very stupid.

The lows seem to be pretty common on an underhung sub

·
18,681 Posts
Rogersville, AL 35652
PWNT!

He's not too far from you Bikin.
Yea, man. Google says 45 minutes.
I think I"ve been to Rogersville. IIRC, it's a small town with a square that people continuously cruise. I saw a concert there many, many years ago and remember standing out front watching folks go up and down one street in front of the building the show was in. It was nuts.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is from IA site [reviews], it's for a Death Penalty sub DVC 2 Ohm...

Build quality! Man, where do I start. This sub is TOUGH! The Death Penalty series driver’s are assembeled on site at Incriminator Audio, by the staff at hand. I can honestly tell that this is a very very well built sub, that has been well thought out by Nick himself. The choices in parts that are used are excellent and end up as great combonation for a good sub that you can litterally beat the hell out of, regularly and it not fail. For overall build quality, and cleanliness I give it a 10 out of 10. Great job guys! Just a lil FYI. At dBDrag world finals it took about 5 mins to CUT one of these things apart…normally takes me no longer then 30 seconds…the spiders are very very tough, and secured to the basket extremely well!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts