DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New to this group and a total newbie to car stereo systems. Appreciate any guidance you might have.

In my RV trailer I have 6 speakers + sub running from a 5 channel amp. Two channels are split running 4 speakers, two others running individual speakers and the last running the sub.

I’m planning on installing 4 additional speakers on the outside/outdoor wall of the trailer as well as run speaker wire to plug in a sub outdoors.

Is it possible to run these outdoor speakers from the same amp that is currently running indoor speakers? I’m envisioning an ‘Indoor/Outdoor’ speaker switch that will turn off inside speakers when running the outdoor ones and visa-versa.

If so, what would I need to pull this off?

Thanks in advance!

· Premium Member
7,703 Posts
... If so, what would I need to pull this off?
Maybe some of these?

And a plug or a cover?

· Registered
659 Posts
Holmz - that gets connection for the outdoor speakers, but he needs to be able to disconnect the inside speakers from the amp when running the outdoor.

robertrhu - in theory a 20-channel relay could do that ... found this with a quick Google search. Not sure what might be available in the US of A, perhaps look at using five 4-channel relays ... food for thought

· Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Or one uses tha also at end where the amp is plugs in the proper set?

If it is a party setup then the same amp makes sense, if it is a camper then a smaller amp may be enough for a parked vehicle with no wind and road noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.