DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys and gals, I'm working on coercing my better half into letting me snag some funds to finish my sq build in my car and as a bargaining chip, I'm devising a little, basic system for her car. :)

I'm looking for some input/ideas on an inexpensive 6.5" component set for the front door/a-pillars (stock is 6.5" in the lower doors and a tweeter in the a-pillar).

The care is a '05 Altima with the Blose system in it stock, and the in-dash 6 disc is starting to skip a lot. What started out as a head-unit replacement is looking to be turning into a simple system redo (5 channel amp, inexpensive components in the front, coaxials in the rear doors and a single sub glassed into the side of the trunk.)

What budget component sets should I consider?

Thanks (figuring this out will help me be able to pull of my amps and possibly processing needed for my own car). :D

-Ben

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I love my Pioneer TS-D1720s. Can be picked up for about $120 shipped.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Had the cadence, not bad for the money. One of my crossovers shorted out, but they replaced it and the mid at no charge, so customer service was good. If you're just upgrading from stock, these are fine.

I'd build my own set and make the passives if I was in your shoes though. Look on partsexpress at the Dayton rs180 for the mid. They have a vifa tweeter with no mounting flange for 17 bucks that is really good, and would be easy to use in a stock tweeter location. If you're going to have an active crossover and amp, I'd go this route. You can call their tech line for help on the passive crossover, or send me a pm.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
^^^ I will agree that u can get great stuff by piecing it together like Thumper mentioned. Me probably I found with doing that is actually making a decision lol. That direction opens up tons of options.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Given all the trouble involved in replacing component speakers, I personally prefer to get a little better components so that I later don't regret that I didn't buy something better. Among good choices are Morel Maximos and Polk Audio MMs. I'll put $70 comps into my car when its ready to be sold.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Given all the trouble involved in replacing component speakers, I personally prefer to get a little better components so that I later don't regret that I didn't buy something better. Among good choices are Morel Maximos and Polk Audio MMs. I'll put $70 comps into my car when its ready to be sold.

x2...on the Morel's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts