DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we just recently upgraded our dish to HD and picked up a PS3 so Im looking for an inexpensive home theater receiver. Doesnt need to be 7.1, 5.1 would be OK. need to have HDMI in (at least 2) and 1 out and support 1080p. Id like to be able to run all my inputs to the receiver and only have to run 1 HDMI cable to the TV. lets hear some suggestiions

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Hit me up. The HK unit is awesome.
I saw that in the classifieds, But it doesnt process audio through the HDMI cables, so It needs another audio cable from each source if I understand correctly. it also wont send video through the HDMI cables to the TV if it doesnt come into the reciever through HDMI. I want to use as few cables as possible and only want to use one input on my TV. Bottom line, It wont do what i want it to LOL. I did consider it before researching

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sorry that didn't meet your needs. I am happy with my Onkyo HTIB. I bought it online at a discount scratch and dent sale. You can get them directly from Onkyo at a discount as well. You'll have to research the right model, and maybe wait a while for it to show up in their "Club Onkyo" sales department if you go that route.

Good luck.

·
Registered
454 Posts
There seems to be some decent deals on Ebay. Refurbed units from sellers that look pretty legit just in case you didn't already investigate that option

·
Registered
64 Posts
Denon AVR-589 from Costco is what I'm prolly gonna do... but that HK looks sweet.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Look for the Marantz SR4001

·
Registered
83 Posts
Look at the Yahama line up as well. Most of the Yamaha units will even up-convert for you so you can still use your S-Video cabled products as well.

P

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not sure what your range of inexpensive is, but to get fully supported HDMI and upconverting so you only have one cable, you will generally have to bypass the first two or three models in a product line. However, new receivers are slowly getting some trickle down of the higher models. If I had to choose one right now I would go with this Onkyo.
Onkyo TX-SR607

We have an Onkyo now and got it after returning an HK (pretty but pretty useless)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts