DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i'm starting to piece together a decent and which would be my first sound quality system. I have a small list of subs that i'm interested in and am hoping would work well in an infinite baffle setup. But first off, let me list the other components that will be going into it... HU- Pioneer Dex-P99RS, Tweets- ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6020, Midrange- Hybrid Audio L4, Midbass- Peerless 830667.. MB Quart DSC2150, MB Q4.150; The sub amp will be determine after i chose the subs but something like [email protected] or 4ohm.. The amps are pretty budget friendly amps for now, but plan to move on to more high end Arc Audio or DLS amps in the future. Okay on to the subs. I want to do 3 12's behind my rear seat. Mainly deciding between the Dayton Audio HO12($150), Dayton Titanic MKIII($160), TC Sounds Epic($190), and FI IB3($190). My budget for the subs is $600. I don't know how loud this will be, but i'm guessing it'll be plenty of output for me and hopefully when properly setup sound very nice. I just want to see if anyone has tried any of the above in IB and how the results were. If anyone has any advice, i'd really appreciate it. I hate how i have the hardest time trying to choose the drivers that will play the smallest frequency range, i just want to pick the right one. Lol Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow Whoops, i thought i posted this in the System Design section. My bad:wrongforum:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would try to help but I could not understand your post.

You need to break up the sentences, using the enter key after each sentence makes it much easier to read.

Many of us are reading these threads either on a phone or a small laptop and large run on paragraphs are just difficult to read, at least they are for me.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
AE Speakers --- Superb Quality, Unforgettable Performance, Definitely.

-You might be able to special order these with an 8 ohms coil if you prefer to run them at in a nominal range somewhere between 2 and 4 ohms.

-These drivers do take weeks if not months to arrive after they are ordered, and probably even longer if you want 8 ohms. I personally feel they are worth the wait from all I've read on them and there predecessor the "IB A" series.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts