DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6
I鈥檇 love to hear more about how the sealed GB12 compares with your IB SBP15.

And, to reiterate the past 27 responses, nice install !! :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
I鈥檇 love to hear more about how the sealed GB12 compares with your IB SBP15.

And, to reiterate the past 27 responses, nice install !! :D
Well Chris after about 1 week of listening...I am truly impressed with the AE SBP...It seem to play a lot lower and tighter than the GB12.
Initially it sounded kind of Nasal but after a little break in..lt really opened up and sounded very musical and well defined.
if you looking for a pounder this is definitely not The sub..I think 2 15s would blow my trunk lid off 馃檪...The single 15 can get very loud and still keep its composure.
Overall I am very happy with the change..

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Hmmmmm What are you all thoughts on a Vipera F15 馃榾....almost had the opportunity to demo one today in my car 馃槂

Registered
Haven't heard of that sub but I got my IB3 15 up and running recently. Its an infrasonic monster, probably to the point of too much low end. I haven't tuned anything yet but compared to my last setup, with a mach5 mj18, its very different. I dont think I had to EQ a thing previously, the roll off of the mj18 and the cabin gain resulted in a flat response. I think you made the right choice with the AE unless you listen to music soundtracks exclusively haha

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Haven't heard of that sub but I got my IB3 15 up and running recently. Its an infrasonic monster, probably to the point of too much low end. I haven't tuned anything yet but compared to my last setup, with a mach5 mj18, its very different. I dont think I had to EQ a thing previously, the roll off of the mj18 and the cabin gain resulted in a flat response. I think you made the right choice with the AE unless you listen to music soundtracks exclusively haha
Ha ha....The SBP is the same...I would like to see pics of your install if you don鈥檛 mind sharing dude.

Registered
IB3 15 could be pushed a lot more on the low end with their x-max. I've had IB3 18. But I'm sure it isn't as accurate as SBP15. Especially in the upper region.

Registered
Impressive build! Love the IB setup.

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
Ok peeps...I Decided to step up to the Zapco AP series amps...Luckily they share the same footprint like my old Z amps. So I am getting those installed with the Helix Hec Card as we speak. And of course the entire system will be returned again..Hopefully no more changes after this 馃馃従

21 - 38 of 38 Posts