DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alpine SPR-68 vs Infinity Kappa 86CFX

Any opinions one way or the other? Factory upgrade in an older Focus, will be running off an old MRV-F300.

Car will get a small helping of sound deadener buut this is a budget build for a daily driver, so sound quality and volume with not a lot of power is preferable over hugely boomy bass.

Sub will be one, and possibly two eventually, 8" shallow mounts under the front seats, in small sealed enclosures, if it matters.

The Infinity and Alpine are both roughly the same amount of cash, and both fit my doors without modification. I am leaning towards the Infinities because at 2.5 ohms they will see a little more power. And I like the adjustable tweeter.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
if you go with infinity you will not be able to bridge your amp. but if you went with the type r you could bridge your amp and give them 150 a piece. thats what i would do. and the type r is a better set these days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

Initial plan would be to run the entire system off the single amp, so the front speakers would be running unabridged anyway.

What do you like better about the Alpines?

·
Banned
338 Posts
Alpine SPR-68 vs Infinity Kappa 86CFX

Any opinions one way or the other? Factory upgrade in an older Focus, will be running off an old MRV-F300.

Car will get a small helping of sound deadener buut this is a budget build for a daily driver, so sound quality and volume with not a lot of power is preferable over hugely boomy bass.

Sub will be one, and possibly two eventually, 8" shallow mounts under the front seats, in small sealed enclosures, if it matters.

The Infinity and Alpine are both roughly the same amount of cash, and both fit my doors without modification. I am leaning towards the Infinities because at 2.5 ohms they will see a little more power. And I like the adjustable tweeter.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
The infinity Kappas are NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would argue that they sound slightly better than the Type R's.

These are the ones i heard, they are the kappa 6x9 version and they are a great sounding speaker for the price

·
Banned
338 Posts
My #1 recommendation would be to spend some extra $, get some audiofrogs. Its like Infinity V 2.0 but better (the owner of AF used to work for harman/infinity)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts