DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon has the Infinity Reference 8" subs for 40.98! Looks like the other sizes are pretty low also. Been wondering how this sub will sound so for 40 bucks it's hard to pass up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I have been planning on buying an 8" for a while now and these do seem to be on the decline as far as price. They seem to get such great reveiws I figured might as well grab one and see.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
i have one in a TL box, it does perform very well.

if you need a small/cheap/good performing driver its hard to beat.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If it's anything like the JBL GTO804, I would scoop them up. The 8" JBL is nothing short of amazing for the price. Digs deep, doesn't require any real power for some serious output and the box is very small when using it sealed.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
If it's anything like the JBL GTO804, I would scoop them up. The 8" JBL is nothing short of amazing for the price. Digs deep, doesn't require any real power for some serious output and the box is very small when using it sealed.

would 2 of them be better than 1 Peerless XXL 10 ? I got a new Peerless but I have been wanting to fab up a little box with 2 of these 8's

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm an avid Amazon shopper....even if it says temporarily out of stock, it usually ships out the next day.

·
Registered
480 Posts
would 2 of them be better than 1 Peerless XXL 10 ? I got a new Peerless but I have been wanting to fab up a little box with 2 of these 8's
XXL 10 is a tough act to follow.

I'll tell ya, they dig pretty deep for an 8".. I have but one in my Prius and it is plenty satisfying for the daily. Really, I would like to have another for some extra oomph, but that would be overkill.

Try them, I don't think you will be disappointed. :)

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
quite a bit higher now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts