DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully some of you have more information for me. I have Phaze Audio 3-way setup in my car installed by the PO. Pictures can be seen here http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/classifieds/31896-fs-3-way-componet-speakers.html (evidence I did try a search first! haha)

SQ is obviously very good, but the sound character is not my style. I like a warm, almost dark sound and this set is very forward. I've found some info that there may be a dip switch for +2 treble and midrange but before I pull my interior apart which is going to be a pain (it is a BMW) I'd like some more info, a factory manual scan would be AWESOME.

I'm contemplating leaving the 4" mid and 5.25" mid-bass and replacing the tweeter with a VC100 set I just got.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing huh? Well I found the crossovers. I think I can figure out this wiring, and if I'm right the PO already chose the -2db setting for the midrange and tweeter! Man these things wail! I have the HU at -3 for the tweeter and I still have too much treble! lol

I guess I just need to know where the crossover is set at so I don't damage the VC100 tweets. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts