DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Seeking input on box design. I'm trying to design an external aeroport ported box for my little Rockford P1 8" (200 rms), will be powered off ~150rms. Goal is sound good for daily music.

My current plan is 3" PVC aeroport (flared). Want to tune to around 35-37 hz. My question is as follows:

Should I make the aeroport completely external? Or say 7" of it internal and only 10" external? I realize Torres Tuning Calculator which I'm using doesn't account for the displacement of the port if I was to place some of the aero inside the box.

I'll post images of my designs when my post count is high enough. This is completely for fun so don't rip me if my ideas are way off :) Thanks!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any particular reason why you are wanting to do an external port?
I was initially trying to design a slot port and I found I needed to make the box quite large to get a favorable amount of port area per foot. I'm trying to keep the box itself small to fit in a specific space. I also want to hit 35-37 hz tuning, and with a small box I'll need ~16-18" of 3" aero. If I do an internal/external aero, I can mount my two amps and crossovers right under/next to where my external aeroport is sitting. Does that make sense?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.