DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm trying to find an installer who can work independently on my project. What is the range of hourly pay for an experienced installer on the west coast? Thanks.

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
By "work independently" do you mean someone who will work outside of a shop environment like in your driveway or their driveway? Or do you actually mean you are looking for professional shop recommendations?

Reactions: Jheitt142

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
By "work independently" do you mean someone who will work outside of a shop environment like in your driveway or their driveway? Or do you actually mean you are looking for professional shop recommendations?
Right... skills are worthless without the right tools and environment. Heat during the winter and A/C during the summer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good questions.

Independent - The ability to work in my heated/cooled fully equipped garage in my home.

What's the difference in abilities in someone who commands 50 vs 100 an hour?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
sounds like you are looking for someone to do "side work" from there daily job as an installer, if thats the case they have zero morals/ethics and not worth a dime IMO, neither do you for that matter if thats the case

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
what does work independently mean? does that mean joe that works at custom car audio will do your work after hours or does that mean a hobbyist on this forum

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
what does work independently mean? does that mean joe that works at custom car audio will do your work after hours or does that mean a hobbyist on this forum
I’d think it means a self employed professional who you can leave to do work in your premises 🤷🏽‍♂️ I don’t get why you’re taking what he’s saying and making something from nothing by drawing conclusions?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I’d think it means a self employed professional who you can leave to do work in your premises 🤷🏽‍♂️ I don’t get why you’re taking what he’s saying and making something from nothing by drawing conclusions?
not drawing conclusions, i am asking a question? i have clients every now an then ask my techs "can you do this after hours", if thats the case thats unethical, period. when that happens i no longer do business with that person.

OR, is he asking someone like nick/skizr and his techs if he will work at his home for whatever reason, seams to me that would cost a lot more than working at your own shop

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
not drawing conclusions, i am asking a question? i have clients every now an then ask my techs "can you do this after hours", if thats the case thats unethical, period. when that happens i no longer do business with that person.

OR, is he asking someone like nick/skizr and his techs if he will work at his home for whatever reason, seams to me that would cost a lot more than working at your own shop
So you actively stop your employees from making money that does not include you. Or your business.
That is the worst man. The worst. If you are so scared that your own tech is gonna take your light bill....maybe you should pay your techs better.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
So you actively stop your employees from making money that does not include you. Or your business.
That is the worst man. The worst. If you are so scared that your own tech is gonna take your light bill....maybe you should pay your techs better.
you are not very bright an do not have a CLUE what you are talking about

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Good ethical people cost good ethical money.
You expect that guy working 10 dollars and hour to turn down a 200 tint job he can knock out in an hour.
Shameful.
Shame on you porshe.
again you really are clueless, feel sorry for you.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
.... i have clients every now an then ask my techs "can you do this after hours", if thats the case thats unethical, period. when that happens i no longer do business with that person. ....
Agreed. Because that is an existing client whose contact with your tech is on the basis of theirs and your tech's contract with your company.

However, if a tech finds outside work on his or her own in the same line of work as their day job, and/or if a person independently solicits for said work to be done, I don't necessarily see an ethical or moral problem with that.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Agreed. Because that is an existing client whose contact with your tech is on the basis of theirs and your tech's contract with your company.

However, if a tech finds outside work on his or her own in the same line of work as their day job, and/or if a person independently solicits for said work to be done, I don't necessarily see an ethical or moral problem with that.
Correct. Unless your a scared shop owner who needs every penny he can get.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When a shop does the work, the shop assumes the liability for anything that goes wrong and probably has an insurance policy to cover them. A tech doing outside work probably doesn't have this. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3Turbo
45 Posts
Cant tell you how many people ask me if I do work on the side and in the most polite manner tell them to f' off. You come into my place of business and then ask me that ****? Get out of here. Not to mention everything I need is here and not wherever your ghetto ass place is going to be.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.