DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
By "work independently" do you mean someone who will work outside of a shop environment like in your driveway or their driveway? Or do you actually mean you are looking for professional shop recommendations?
Right... skills are worthless without the right tools and environment. Heat during the winter and A/C during the summer.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Except for the name calling the sid
Yeah, you're a fool for keeping this lifestyle. You should totally just own a trucking company instead, have a fleet of trucks earning money for you while you sleep, so you can retire at 40, riding dirtbikes all the time from 40-80/90 years old. And have a bunch of drivers who dreamt of driving trucks since they were kids earning money for you. When they really should have been owning trucking companies with lots of drivers who.... wait a minute, somehow this plan doesn't really add up? Shocking :p

right ! And the trucking industry is EASY to get into. The ONLY reason people fail in the trucking industry is lazyness. Drivers out there saying “I do 700 miles a day” and then in reality they spent half their clock playing Xbox in their truck instead of driving and do like 300 a day.

I work in the industry it’s a crap ton of little small companies so the bar to entry is low and there is plenty of $$ to be made… as long as long as you’re motivated..if you’re not motivated you’re going to have a $100,000 truck payment and no $ to pay it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I think you might be selling yourself short. Paying all my own taxes, SSI, insurance, overhead, etc., I'm thinking more like $50/hr +. Of course, it depends on the area of the country, but $30/hr just seems at the very low end. Just my $0.02. I could be wrong.
right
Another question, how many are willing to work in the manner OP is looking for (from his other threads on the subject):

no damn way, have it shipped to a shop. I’ll tell you what. My quality of work goes up exceptionally when I am in a heated or air conditioned garage or shop with all the proper tools in their correct locations. When I’m working on a driveway or someone else’s place I’m stressed because I don’t know where anything is, it’s hot/cold.. stress = bad work.

When you have a good workflow, all your tools are in their correct space and organized like at your place of work or shop then in my opinion it makes a huge difference.

sure some people are good at being traveling repairmen or installers but the best work is done when you’re in your home court on your terms in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.