DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I didn't watch the video, but thanks to a wise friend, I learned a valuable lesson 30+ years ago, when I was 20: Never expect to receive a raise without making an argument for it.

Although I have at times received merit raises without requesting them, I had to negotiate for the vast majority of the raises I received.

Like it or not, that is simply how it is...
Amazon warehouse. Newnan ga. Dollar after the 90 days and 10 cents every 90 days after. 30 dollar cap they start at 16.
Big ass sign on interstate 85.
Times have changed.
Employers with your old ass mindset are on the way out man.
5 years from now there will not be a body available with the skills you are looking for. Your just gonna have to pay a young guy. Train him. And hope he thinks your good enough to stay.
Seems to be hard now with the way these guys try and kidnap their employees and keep them from asking questions.

·
Registered
BMW E46 325Ci
1 Posts
Back when I was installing, any side work was run by the owner first. Then the hourly rate for me giving up my personal time with family and other interests was $150AU an hour. Don't like the price? Organise your life and take it to the shop. Outside of work is my time, and I expect a decent compensation to give that up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Amazon warehouse. Newnan ga. Dollar after the 90 days and 10 cents every 90 days after. 30 dollar cap they start at 16.
Times have changed.
5 years from now there will not be a body available with the skills you are looking for. Your just gonna have to pay a young guy. Train him. And hope he thinks your good enough to stay.
Seems to be hard now with the way these guys try and kidnap their employees and keep them from asking questions.
If you’re all for employers paying better wages, why do you claim to be an employer that pays an average salary of $32700/year to your 2 employees?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If you’re all for employers paying better wages, why do you claim to be an employer that pays an average salary of $32700/year to your 2 employees?
It's just one full time employee. He does whatever he wants.
He runs a tint up sell that the shop takes no cut from at all.
The listed salary of 32700 seems to be the flat 10 dollar rate He is paid to keep the doors open.
When he is has a work order. Whatever that may be. He makes them himself.
For the hours listed on the work order he gets paid 30 dollars an hour. Plus the 10.
It's how the original owner structured his pay when he started. When I got the shop I asked him what he wanted to change.
Nothing. He gets a bonus at Christmas each year.
Same each year.
Silver bars. 10 one ounce silver bars. Individually wrapped. For the past 9 years.
If he wants a piece of equipment. He puts on an order and pays it off weekly or monthly or however he wants.
Honestly....he could get part of the shop at this point in time. He's been running it for like 13 or 14 years.
Guy named Patrick. At mobile electronics in lagrange. Give him a call. He'll have you booming and zooming in a slick blacked out ride in less than half a day.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
gotta love the experts in GA, full of crap an talking out there a55

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's just one full time employee. He does whatever he wants.
He runs a tint up sell that the shop takes no cut from at all.
The listed salary of 32700 seems to be the flat 10 dollar rate He is paid to keep the doors open.
When he is has a work order. Whatever that may be. He makes them himself.
For the hours listed on the work order he gets paid 30 dollars an hour. Plus the 10.
It's how the original owner structured his pay when he started. When I got the shop I asked him what he wanted to change.
Nothing. He gets a bonus at Christmas each year.
Same each year.
Silver bars. 10 one ounce silver bars. Individually wrapped. For the past 9 years.
If he wants a piece of equipment. He puts on an order and pays it off weekly or monthly or however he wants.
Honestly....he could get part of the shop at this point in time. He's been running it for like 13 or 14 years.
Guy named Patrick. At mobile electronics in lagrange. Give him a call. He'll have you booming and zooming in a slick blacked out ride in less than half a day.
You’re an employer that has employees and the reason you don’t pay them better is because they don’t want more money even though you stated that every employee wants more money, just not yours?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You’re an employer that has employees and the reason you don’t pay them better is because they don’t want more money even though you stated that every employee wants more money, just not yours?
When asked he said that he didn't wish to change anything about the way his pay was structured. The amount At that time.... he was getting 7.50. Minimum wage. And 15 for the work orders.
He has doubled that plus the tint thing. Plus the bonuses.
I didn't say he didn't want more money. Just did not want to change the way he earned it.
So now what huh? He should get paid 30 all the time....ya right. The shop has work. He has work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When asked he said that he didn't wish to change anything about the way his pay was structured. The amount At that time.... he was getting 7.50. Minimum wage. And 15 for the work orders.
He has doubled that plus the tint thing. Plus the bonuses.
I didn't say he didn't want more money. Just did not want to change the way he earned it.
So now what huh? He should get paid 30 all the time....ya right. The shop has work. He has work.
He has 13-14 years of experience and makes what a guy starting at McDonald’s makes here. When you went on long, drawn out rants about how employers don’t value their employees and were dirtbags for it, I didn’t think you were talking about yourself.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Times have changed.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
He has 13-14 years of experience and makes what a guy starting at McDonald’s makes here. When you went on long, drawn out rants about how employers don’t value their employees and were dirtbags for it, I didn’t think you were talking about yourself.
The McDonald's here in ga....pay less than 10. We also can still buy an acre of land for 7500 hundred dollars. Just cause you get paid 30 an hour and still can't afford rent is your own fault for not moving.
But you probably like the 5 dollar gallons of gas you guys on the west coast are paying for.
Probably made it happen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The McDonald's here in ga....pay less than 10. We also can still buy an acre of land for 7500 hundred dollars. Just cause you get paid 30 an hour and still can't afford rent is your own fault for not moving.
But you probably like the 5 dollar gallons of gas you guys on the west coast are paying for.
Probably made it happen.
What are you talking about? If by "west coast" you mean "roughly 2000 miles east of the Pacific Ocean", then yes, I live on the west coast. You can buy an acre of land for $7500? Me too!!! I just found an ad for 18.06 acres of land for $135450 and it happens to be about 19 miles from my current residence. What luck. I can send you the ad if you wish. Gas? I think it was $3.14/gal on Sunday.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.