DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any installers/tuner recommendations for eastern nc.

·
Registered
499 Posts
read the title
Thanks...I can read. Eastern NC means a lot of places. Happen to know that because I live there. Trying to help the guy out with SPECIFIC shops or places. But thank you for being your normal helpful self.

·
Registered
18,491 Posts
Seems like hes willing to make the trip to get it done right instead of using a random local shop in his town. I would offer a shop, but I actually dont know any in north Carolina

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SloScooter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Camp Lejeune, which is Jacksonville....but I am willing to travel 3-4 hrs for quality, which would also be SE VA or NE SC. Any input would be great!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Marine? I was with 1/8, 1/2, 2/6, taught at SOTG (camp johnson), and instructed at SOI. Good times!

I usually went to Greensboro. There were several shops there back in the day, but it appears as if there are only three now. Due to the money in that area, the shops were usually experienced in high-end builds.

When trying to decide on a shop in a new area, I like looking at their Facebook pages and images/descriptions of their past installs.

Been retired for a few years now and I’m now in commercial banking...not near as fun. If you’re a Marine, DON’T GET OUT! The civilian world sucks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
A lot of guys used this place in Wilmington back in the day.

https://soundtronics.net/services/car-audio/

Funny story...I was once had to walk from Wilmington to Jacksonville because the girl I’d been crashing with wouldn’t drive the last 45 miles. Hooked up in some crap hole in South Carolina. Oh well...it was worth it. I was back in Onslow county before some dude stopped and took me to the front gate. Again...good times!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Check these guys out, do top notch work. Can handle any build. DreamWorks Motorsports 707 Leasburg Rd, Roxboro, NC 27573 Dreamworks Motorsports

Reactions: SloScooter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Marine? I was with 1/8, 1/2, 2/6, taught at SOTG (camp johnson), and instructed at SOI. Good times!

I usually went to Greensboro. There were several shops there back in the day, but it appears as if there are only three now. Due to the money in that area, the shops were usually experienced in high-end builds.

When trying to decide on a shop in a new area, I like looking at their Facebook pages and images/descriptions of their past installs.

Been retired for a few years now and I’m now in commercial banking...not near as fun. If you’re a Marine, DON’T GET OUT! The civilian world sucks.
I have been a Marine for the last 20 years. I have always had aftermarket equipment in my vehicles. I love good sound. I usually get my vehicles worked on when I go back home, unfortunately the industry has changed a lot over the years and my friends have closed up their shops and went into other businesses.

I had soundtronics do my wife’s vehicle and was not happy with their work. Customer service of the owner was amazing but his installer was difficult to work with. Had to bring it back several times due to lack of attention to detail.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have been a Marine for the last 20 years. I have always had aftermarket equipment in my vehicles. I love good sound. I usually get my vehicles worked on when I go back home, unfortunately the industry has changed a lot over the years and my friends have closed up their shops and went into other businesses.

I had soundtronics do my wife’s vehicle and was not happy with their work. Customer service of the owner was amazing but his installer was difficult to work with. Had to bring it back several times due to lack of attention to detail.
Boot! LOL...just messing with you Brother. Semper Fi!

I hate to hear that about soundtronics...thought it may be a good option for you. They had a good rep years ago. Check Greensboro out. The three shops left there look to have been operating for several years each. There's always Charlotte too. With the growth and money in and around Charlotte, there's bound to be a top tier retailer. Good luck!

Edit: Click the link above for Dreamworks Motorsports. Holy Crap! 1. That's the best car audio shop website I've ever seen. 2. Their work is amazing!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only questions I have left Scoot is what kind of work? Full install? Just tuning? Buy and install some gear? Speaker swap? Also, time? How much time are you willing to leave the vehicle for?
I have some gear and need to purchase some more. I will want it installed and tuned as I want my front stage to be active.

Gear I have is as follows:

JL Audio 600/4 HD
JL Audio 750/1 HD
Kicker Solobaric 12” L7 in a ported Kicker box

I am open for what highs and mids to run and OEM integration/DSP in my 2018 Ford Explorer. I can leave the vehicle for however long the person needs it.

I was thinking PAC AMP Pro with JL audio TWK88 for system integration and DSP.

I do have a bunch of dynamat extreme to deaden the doors that dI
Planned on doing before I dropped it off. Not opposed to letting the installed deaden them either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any idea of what front speakers you want? 2-way? 3-way? If you're running a DSP, active 3 way is tough to beat...
I would love to do a three way. I do not know much about installing a three way therefore I would leave up to an installer to recommend what they would use. My wife has the audios frog GB60 and 10 in her truck and they sound great

1 - 20 of 25 Posts