DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own a 2017 GMC Terrain sle without a Bose or Pioneer amplified system? I'm trying to put a Audio Control DQ-61 in my truck and run it to aftermarket amplifiers, and then send the signal from my 4 channel amplifier back through my factory wires to power the door speakers. Has anyone tried this with success?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a 2018 Terrain Denali with the Bose system. I bought a bypass harness and a ANC defeat bypass cable, the amp for the vehicle is located underneath the dash on the 2018, you can access it from the driver side just to the right of the gas pedal. Theres a little plastic piece you can remove without having the remove the entire drive side console panel.

I'd highly reccomend going this route, I used the bypass harness to hook up a LC2I which I then hooked up an amp too. And the ANC bypass is a must to so you dont have the ANC mic trying to cancel out your aftermarket sub thinking its road noise... Again this is my experience with a 2018 Terrain Denali with the upgraded 8 speaker Bose system...

The hardest part for me was finding he actual Bose Amplifier as there was NO information out there, once I actually located it at the bottom of dash dead center behind console basically up against firewall it was as simple as plug n play with the bypass harness... and the ANC plug is right there too! I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ah I'm sorry I did not notice the WITHOUT Bose, thought it said with Bose... In that case you just need to grab a signal, do those amps have high level inputs? If so then you just need to tap into the correct speaker wires... but I'd still look into using some kind of harness so u dont have to cut/splice into factory wiring...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts