DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at the installation instructions for these processors and it calls for 12 gauge direct power leads to the battery.

I've also got a relay I'll use for the remote start for the 2 processors and the amp. It has a 12v constant wire I'll need to hook up as well.

Can I just run these off a distribution block from the 4gauge run for my amp?

It would be just my 5 channel amplifier, a relay 12v lead, and these two processors off that 4gauge run.

I plan on grounding the relay and the processors with the amp as well.

I'd rather not take everything apart to run power wires to the battery again, but I will if deemed advantageous or necessary.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

Standing here with power wires in my hand (figuratively). Today's my day off and I'm ready to do this. I did search around the web for a while before posting here, but I couldn't find the answers I needed. This forum has been very helpful to me and I've learned a lot already.

Thanks. Zac.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got my answer. Called Audiocontrol. OK to run everything off the distribution block.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Whoops, sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yep, connecting it to the distribution block is fine- since it's fed directly from the battery. The processors won't know the difference if they're wired directly to the battery or directly to something that's wired directly to something that's wired directly to something else that's wired to the battery.

·
Registered
267 Posts
"Remote start for the processors" made me laugh. Sorry. But yeah, processors dont usually require that much as far as power demands. That one 4 gauge wire should be more than enough, depending on your 5 channel amp of course.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
"Remote start for the processors" made me laugh. Sorry. But yeah, processors dont usually require that much as far as power demands. That one 4 gauge wire should be more than enough, depending on your 5 channel amp of course.
I must admit, it did make me look twice. "Do I need a transponder bypass to go with that?"

:p

RTL's, remote turn on leads, takes very little current, and the relay takes even smaller current to activate. A typical relay will handle up to 30 amps, but if you're turning on processors, you'll only need a few amps. To power them, on the other hand, probably at most 10 amps. Probably the simplest way to determine the current is to count your fuses and the number and size of wires you're using for the set up.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OOps. I got that term from the 12volt's relay diagram. Maybe they were talking about turning your car on from your kitchen. Oh well at least we got some giggles out of it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts