DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I purchased have a Toyota Prius C 2012 with all stock stereo parts, that I will be installing new audio equipment in. I have general knowledge about cars, and home audio. I need to uninstall the stock touchscreen radio, and stock speakers in the front door (the car came with no speakers in the rear doors, but they have grills and holes pre-cut in the factory for speakers to be installed).

I need to move the stock speakers to the rear doors, and put the new speakers in the front doors. What I purchased for the installation is a Prius C stereo dash kit, wiring and harness kit, 4 channel amp, 2 new door size speakers, and new touchscreen stereo. I also have all the tools needed such as wire strippers, screwdrivers, etc.

Any suggestions on what order I should do the steps in? And also I'm looking for a diagram of how everything would connect with each other, or some videos that would take me step by step on what I should do. I was thinking of just removing everything first, and then installing the new stuff, but I'm thinking there might be some shortcuts to take. Also, how long do you think it might realistically take with me and my friend working on it for a day?

Thanks alot for any help!:)

· Registered
3,058 Posts
start with some basic car audio knowledge.

Start with deinstall of the old system, then dampen the doors inner and outer metal with deadener (SC, STP, Road kill, Dynamat,....) and noise bariere. Pull new cables if needed, install Head unit/amps, prepare speaker rings, install them and install speakers. Maybe take a few pics of "before the install pics, so yin case of doubt you can recheck how something was put together in the first place.... dont forget to use fuses and maybe caps on tweeters ....
Find some IASCA/EMMA instalation guideline so you will know what to do and how to do it properly and safe

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
start with some basic car audio knowledge.

Start with deinstall of the old system, then dampen the doors inner and outer metal with deadener (SC, STP, Road kill, Dynamat,....) and noise bariere. Pull new cables if needed, install Head unit/amps, prepare speaker rings, install them and install speakers. Maybe take a few pics of "before the install pics, so yin case of doubt you can recheck how something was put together in the first place.... dont forget to use fuses and maybe caps on tweeters ....
Find some IASCA/EMMA instalation guideline so you will know what to do and how to do it properly and safe
Ok great advice, yeah, I want to make sure I do it safely. When you say "pull new cables if needed" what might that mean? Thanks again. Also good idea about taking pictures.

· Registered
3,058 Posts
I ment if you gonna use additional amps you should lay new cables of suitable crossection from battery to amprack with all dedicated fuses and gromets/ make a common ground spot from where you will run cables to the amps, DSP, head unit, also if needed you will have to route new speaker cables....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.