DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since im new to the forum just wanted to say hi first.... so i am going to attempt to install a ps5000 python smart start,security system in my 08 ford f350 diesel this weekend. im needing any help/advise i can get any wiring diagrams for my truck. any hints/tips/tricks would be helpful so thanks in advance

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have the electrical troubleshooting manual for MY car (including wiring diagrams with wire colors) but chose to have my alarm installed by an authorized dealer. Expensive but worth it. Installation cost four times what I paid for the alarm.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Been installing dei products for 14 years and they are great products. However the last year or so I have not liked they're bypass's. I believe ur truck will call for a bypass (not a 100% cause of it being a desiel can't remember off hand) which a dei dealer will try and sell u an xpresskit one. Probably a xk04 (which are junk) or a pkall which isn't to bad. after having some issues I started looking for another bypass brand and found idatalink ones that I've had really good success with. Anyways some tips would be to first hook up the starter and bypass first. Before programming the bypass make sure it starts by just putting the key in the ignition switch but not turning it. Try it a few times to make sure everything works correctly. Again this is with the bypass not plugged in or programed. Next plug in the bypass and program that. Now without the key in the ignition of course try to remote start and make sure all the functions work properly. Now after everything works good u can go head and add on the smart start module. Doing it this way allows u to make sure that each time u add another piece (bypass & smart start) that the one previously is working. If any problems should arise it's easier to trace. Some free sites to get wiring diagrams from are the12volt.com and bulldogsecurity.com. If u can't get one from them I can probably send one from directechs. Anyways be patient give ur self plenty of time and don't get frustrated and u will be fine. If u know what ur doing that truck should take u about an hour or so. Someone with no experience I'm guessing all afternoon. Oh also too when u pull down the lower dash board to get to the wires, look for a trailer harness. That will have your +brake and +parking light wires in it. Usually its right there below the column. Any questions let me know. I've done literally tons of those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts