DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just upgraded my vehicle from a 2001 Honda Odyssey LX to a 2007 Honda Odyssey EXL with Navigation and Rear entertainment system. Yes, I like these vehicles. Anyhow, with the NAV and the RES I want to integrate my gear, or some of it into the stock system. I am looking for input here.

So far I am getting the Dice Electronics unit that will allow me to integrate ipod/iphone and have hands free bluetooth.
As well I have the following from planning the system for the old van.
- 2 ads pq10 amps (4/3/2 4x40RMS at 4 ohms
- A component set of 6.75 Pioneer TSC720PRS

I got the ADS amps as I have heard good things about them and they could go under the seats of my old van. Now I just have room under one seat and am considering using the in floor storage area for the amps and other stuff. I was considering cutting some holes and creating some airflow in that space with a 12 volt computer fan.

This is what I thought would work well according to my research:

- JBL ms8 processor
- JL 500/1 amp (used)
- Dayton Audio 10" HO sub model - RSS265HO-4 10 (in a sealed box between the middle and last row of seats) (I have seen several designs that incorporate a sub into the centre console but I need that space for a ladder that I put in the van from time to time .
- A decent composite set of Pioneer speakers that would sound better in the rear than the stock.
- Sound deadening of the front doors in a given, not sure I am going to do the floor with ensolite or not.

I am looking for the best bang for my buck and was wondering if anyone has experience with the JBL ms8. I know it has 8x20RMS at 4ohms. (I enjoy SQ over loudness but do listen to my stuff a bit louder than I should at times). So I was wondering if I should be bridging an ADS PQ10 to give the 6.75 drivers 80 watts RMS each and use the power from the JBL to drive the tweets (at 20 watts each). As well I was wondering if I should just drive the rears with the power from the JBL ms8 or should I use the other ADS PQ10 amp? If I use the power from the sound processor I can sell an ADS PQ10 amp and use that money elsewhere.

Any input is appreciated as this is really my first DIY install.

Thanks,

Ted.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
You came to the right place for info about the MS-8. Try some searches, virtually every question has been asked & answered before.

As for the amps, you may as well us 'em if you have 'em, provided you can find a place to install them. A 500/1 on a Dayton HO10 would be a great choice, but there are plenty of alternatives as well.

Use whatever speakers you like the sound of, the processor will do the rest.

BTW, are you a Flames fan? I gotta say, if there is one arena I would like to visit in the NHL that I haven't yet, Calgary is definitely on the short list.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chaos,

What other options in the 10 inch size of sub would anyone recommend that would work in a small enclosure in that price range?

What sort of ratio of power do tweeters need compared to the mid bass drivers. If I had 80w going to the mids would 20w be enough going to the tweets, or should it be 40 to each tweet?

Just trying to economize here. I am slowly building up my gear a bit at a time, and if I can sell a ADS PQ10 amp then I could get something else.

What pioneer 6.5 inch composite speakers would work well with the TSC720prs that I have?

Would the rears be unbalanced if they were driven from the MS8 and the fronts were driven by the ADS amp?

Thanks for the help.

BTW. I am not a huge hockey fan but have been to a few flames games. One thing that is cool about that stadium is that it is shapped like a saddle and that whenever the flames score huge blasts of fire come out above the ice. You can feel the heat no matter where you are sitting. Fairly cool. If the Leafs come to Calgary I cheer for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts